The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

A levels and low mood

I'm currently sitting my AS exams, in chemistry, biology, maths, and geography. I've always had a lot of pressure put on me to do well in school, by my parents and my teachers. However during my GCSEs I developed an eating disorder but because of my exams it was pushed aside and never dealt with. I'm unsure if I ever fully recovered; I don't make myself sick anymore but my appearance and evident weight gain does make me feel anxious at times. Recently I've started to feel low again, probably due to stress and the pressure I'm under to get into medical school. I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew with 2 part time jobs, four a levels and volunteering. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this, especially during exam season? (Giving up a job is not an option because my family is in a poor financial situation and I want to save for uni). Or even how to approach someone to ask for help with stress management? Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently sitting my AS exams, in chemistry, biology, maths, and geography. I've always had a lot of pressure put on me to do well in school, by my parents and my teachers. However during my GCSEs I developed an eating disorder but because of my exams it was pushed aside and never dealt with. I'm unsure if I ever fully recovered; I don't make myself sick anymore but my appearance and evident weight gain does make me feel anxious at times. Recently I've started to feel low again, probably due to stress and the pressure I'm under to get into medical school. I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew with 2 part time jobs, four a levels and volunteering. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this, especially during exam season? (Giving up a job is not an option because my family is in a poor financial situation and I want to save for uni). Or even how to approach someone to ask for help with stress management? Thank you!

I'm in A2 now and I went through something very similar in AS and the panic and anxiety that set in during the run to my exams led to me not doing as well as I could have and thus not being able to apply for Med. Honestly, if you're serious about it, you're better off putting everything extra curircular on hold until the summer and focus on studying. I did the same volunteering/working etc. But it suddenly didn't matter as much anymore when I opened my AS results. If I could go back, I'd tell my teachers about my axiety,go and see my GP,focus on my studies and try not to distract or self-sabatoge myself. I'd try and talk about the crushing pressure I constantly felt to do well and succed. I'd stop pretending I was alright to myself

Latest