Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The great Charles Darwin proved we are a bunch of apes... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the late Charles Darwin was the greatest person in history for he finally proved where we came from.
    We evolved from apes.
    He proved that religion is nothing but fairy tales ,and that we were not created by any "god" like religion says, but rather we evolved like all other creatures from earlier species, in our case the apes.
    We are animals of course , we are mammals, more intelligent maybe than other animals , but still animals. And not like religion has said that we are somehow "special " beings created by a "god".

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you're fishing for some kind of reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Seems like you're fishing for some kind of reaction.
    No...
    Just stating the truth about our origins...

ReputationRep:
    we evolved from the "great ape" which is different to the apes that exist currently

ReputationRep:
    Darwin did nothing to prove religion was fantasy, Darwin was religious himself. Religion and Evolution are not mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Darwin did nothing to prove religion was fantasy, Darwin was religious himself. Religion and Evolution are not mutually exclusive.
    Darwin was NOT religious.
    Maybe at the beginning , but after he realized we evolved from apes he stopped believing in religion.
    He wrote that in a letter in his later days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    we evolved from the "great ape" which is different to the apes that exist currently
    There is no 'the great ape', we evolved from a common ancestor that was a great ape. Humans are great apes, chimpanzees are great apes, gorillas are great apes, orangutans are great apes.

You could've said 'a' instead of 'the'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syntaxvintax)
    Darwin was NOT religious.
    Maybe at the beginning , but after he realized we evolved from apes he stopped believing in religion.
    He wrote that in a letter in his later days.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi...Charles_Darwin

Darwin continued to play a leading part in the parish work of the local church,[13] but from around 1849 would go for a walk on Sundays while his family attended church.[14] Though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he responded that he had never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a god, and that generally "an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind."[7] He went as far as saying that "Science has nothing to do with Christ, except insofar as the habit of scientific research makes a man cautious in admitting evidence. For myself, I do not believe that there ever has been any revelation. As for a future life, every man must judge for himself between conflicting vague probabilities."[15]

ReputationRep:
    There is no 'the great ape', we evolved from a common ancestor that was a great ape. Humans are great apes, chimpanzees are great apes, gorillas are great apes, orangutans are great apes.

You could've said 'a' instead of 'the'.
    we evolved from a great ape, we are not great apes. that's like saying that because we were once fish, that we are still fish.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Didn't take you long to come back ❤️ — thought you left for good last time? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    we evolved from a great ape, we are not great apes. that's like saying that because we were once fish, that we are still fish.
    We are by definition great apes, you buffoon.

The iPhone 6 is an evolution of the iPhone 5S but they are both iPhones.

ReputationRep:

it was just a piece of plastic at one point, too, but it's no longer a piece of plastic

ReputationRep:
    it was just a piece of plastic at one point, too, but it's no longer a piece of plastic
    Yes but it is still a phone. (it's also not plastic, it is metal)

A human is a great ape, this is a fact. We came from great apes also. There is no direct cut-off point for evolution, the lines are blurred.

You came from your parents yet you are still a human.

Your rebuttal iEthan

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it is still a phone. (it's also not plastic, it is metal)

A human is a great ape, this is a fact. We came from great apes also. There is no direct cut-off point for evolution, the lines are blurred.

You came from your parents yet you are still a human.
    i actually believe we didn't evolve from apes, but that's aside the point
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Your rebuttal iEthan
    I have no words oh my goodness

(Original post by iEthan)
    I have no words oh my goodness
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    this ellipsis concerns me, my apologies

ReputationRep:
    I believe Darwin was the greatest person to have ever lived.
    He finally proved where we came from.

And he told us the TRUTH.
    Not fairy tales . *cough* moses,jesus,muhammed,buddhha.

(Original post by syntaxvintax)
    I believe Darwin was the greatest person to have ever lived.
    He finally proved where we came from.

And he told us the TRUTH.
    Not fairy tales . *cough* moses,jesus,muhammed,buddhha.
    What are you even talking about bringing Buddhism into this. Are you ****ing mentally retarded? Buddhist's aims are to reach a state of Nirvana through the teachings of Buddha or Siddhartha Gautama, who went on a quest for Enlightenment around the sixth century BC. There is no belief in a personal god.Buddhists believe that nothing is fixed or permanent and that change is always possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.