Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lost dreams? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if I am the only one, I am a 19-year-old student and will be 20 in late March. During this slightly drunken state, I realised that all my dreams and all the things I thought I could achieve when older are over. I legitimately thought I was special, a guy from a regular background destined for whatever crazy reason to 'make it' I thought that could be as an actor, or a writer or even at one point a professional wrestler. I realise now as an over-weight, social anxiety ridden and depressed individual that it was all a dud - and now I don't know what to do. I don't want to live a normal live, attend uni get a 2:2/2:1 get a decent paying desk job for 40 years, but I guess that is my reality. If you're still in school reading, never give up on you dreams. I'm out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGuy19)
    I wonder if I am the only one, I am a 19-year-old student and will be 20 in late March. During this slightly drunken state, I realised that all my dreams and all the things I thought I could achieve when older are over. I legitimately thought I was special, a guy from a regular background destined for whatever crazy reason to 'make it' I thought that could be as an actor, or a writer or even at one point a professional wrestler. I realise now as an over-weight, social anxiety ridden and depressed individual that it was all a dud - and now I don't know what to do. I don't want to live a normal live, attend uni get a 2:2/2:1 get a decent paying desk job for 40 years, but I guess that is my reality. If you're still in school reading, never give up on you dreams. I'm out
    It is literally never too late to give up on your dreams and certainly not at your age! If you want something go out and get it

ReputationRep:
    "Never give up on your dreams" as you've said it yourself.

You're 19!!!!!!!!!! It's not too late, well it's never too late!

ReputationRep:
    Dont give up on your dreams. You believed in them at one point. If you work hard enough, you could make them into a reality. Don't give up. You could be anything you want even if it is a office job, working 9-5 or a wrestler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Dont give up on your dreams. You believed in them at one point. If you work hard enough, you could make them into a reality. Don't give up. You could be anything you want even if it is a office job, working 9-5 or a wrestler
    It just seems so unlikely I mean yes, I am only 19 now but I will be 22 by the time I (hopefully) graduate, at that time I will need to look for a job and then soon after I will be 30, 40, 50. Just seems so ridiculous to even think about sadly.

You should never give up on your dreams. Just grow another branch of your tree and let it expand into your passion.

ReputationRep:
    It just seems so unlikely I mean yes, I am only 19 now but I will be 22 by the time I (hopefully) graduate, at that time I will need to look for a job and then soon after I will be 30, 40, 50. Just seems so ridiculous to even think about sadly.
    All true but if you work hard enough it will happen. There's so many success stories which I suggest you give a read...it may motivate you you can have a 9-5 job and still write or act alongside...I know so many people who have done this. And it's made them more positive because they didn't give up on themselves or what they love.

Don't be so negative x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    All true but if you work hard enough it will happen. There's so many success stories which I suggest you give a read...it may motivate you you can have a 9-5 job and still write or act alongside...I know so many people who have done this. And it's made them more positive because they didn't give up on themselves or what they love.

Don't be so negative x
    Any you can link here, the only hope I have is some actors or other decently famous people didn't start until late 20' so that is something. And I honestly wish I wasn't so negative, I am that unlucky guy who when one good thing happens to them, two sh*t things come along too!

P.s- if that is you in your picture (and not some weird guy pretending to be someone) you're stunning

ReputationRep:
    Any you can link here, the only hope I have is some actors or other decently famous people didn't start until late 20' so that is something. And I honestly wish I wasn't so negative, I am that unlucky guy who when one good thing happens to them, two sh*t things come along too!

P.s- if that is you in your picture (and not some weird guy pretending to be someone) you're stunning
    Bill Gates, J.K Rowling (even Kim Kardashian to an extent lol) and some people I know irl work hard to get what they want.
    Life will throw crap at you, learn to dodge it. Don't let it defeat you everything will fall into place. Don't rush it

And yes that's me lol, not a man behind a keyboard (which is actually quite scary)
    Thank you x

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.