Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone actually like chavs? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    People don't change unless they have a sufficient impetus to do so and even then it's a lot of effort. I don't hold that much power over him
    Of course you do? Making a difference in someones life is rewarding in itself, if you can't find 'sufficient impetus' to do so then it's simply a crush and not a potential serious relationship at all.

(Original post by Meridian-S)
    Of course you do? Making a difference in someones life is rewarding in itself, if you can't find 'sufficient impetus' to do so then it's simply a crush and not a potential serious relationship at all.
    He's not really the kind of guy that respects women, if you know what I mean. He's far more of a lads lad

ReputationRep:
    He's not really the kind of guy that respects women, if you know what I mean. He's far more of a lads lad
    Well if you're so set on not having a chance, then there is no chance in the first place, %0, nill, none.

(Original post by Meridian-S)
    Well if you're so set on not having a chance, then there is no chance in the first place, %0, nill, none.
    I'd rather not get hurt tbh; I don't think he's worth it when there's perfectly good men out there who I have a lot more in common with

I used to be a burberry wearing, council flat living degenerate until i learnt about making money.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Chavs. Most of them always look for fights and think they can get laid when noone would go near them. They end up as Binmen or Construction Workers and if someone actually wants to get good Grades and learn they call them 'Neeks'

ReputationRep:
    A person, irrespective of financial status that has bad manners and treats everyone including friends, family and authority figures with disrespect. Typically wears scruffy sportswear outside of contexts where it would be considered normal (e.g: gym/ martial arts) Usually has a poor grasp of spelling and grammar and a bad grasp of the English language in general and does not have any interest in education or bettering themselves. Usually takes on aspects of 'gang culture' yet harbours racist and possibly sexist thought patterns.
    That's not really true with all chavs. Only a minority do, apart from sexist thoughts.

Then they probably weren't real chavs; they just dressed like one
    Nope, from your definition above they were chavs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.