Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need a part-time job but I don't know what to apply for Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm living with family, I'm on my second year in uni and I'm never worked before.

I need to find something quickly but I don't think I have any skills to work in hostelry as many students do and I don't drive either etc.

I could randomly drop off CVs but to say the truth I'm a little scared of failing when doing things and that's stooping me of doing it.

Could you suggest or advise me what can I do to start?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blasto)
    Hi there,

I'm living with family, I'm on my second year in uni and I'm never worked before.

I need to find something quickly but I don't think I have any skills to work in hostelry as many students do and I don't drive either etc.

I could randomly drop off CVs but to say the truth I'm a little scared of failing when doing things and that's stooping me of doing it.

Could you suggest or advise me what can I do to start?

Thanks.
    Well, first of all, even for the most talented and skilled workers, finding a job can be difficult so don't be disheartened to get rejections from job offers, it is not uncommon at all and you just need to keep trying and trying until you find the right place . I would recommend searching for jobs online, most companies work this way and it's the best way to send out as many applications as possible in a short amount of time, experience is something that many employers are looking for so if you have time, I would strongly recommend perhaps volunteering in a charity shop while you look for work. Make sure your CV is in good condition and will appeal to an employer and don't be picky about the jobs you want, of course apply to the places you really want to work but don't be afraid to take a job you might not like as much, you can always continue to apply for jobs while in work and this will look more appealing to employers as well

ReputationRep:
    Mcdonalds

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.