Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So if i outline my situation

    I started a music course at a university, and the course was so poorly run the first year didn't finish, after we finally got through into year 2 in end of october we started year 2 a couple months late, after this we had a new teacher who was so bad i asked to be moved from music to art, and later that music teacher was removed from the uni before even finish past 1 academic year, on this course the classroom attitude is horrible, i'm now on year 2 of this course in art and the attitude has got worse, i have had religious discrimination by the class and staff have not abruptly or remotely dealt with it, and having issues of personal discrimination, due to all this with my mental health my gp has classed me as ''unfit for work' due to mental health issues as i suffer with depression.

    Due to all these effect from the uni i wish to withdraw from this year of study now, and move to a diffrent uni and start year 2 again in art due to the stress and how it has effected my mental health.

    Due to me being classed as not fit for work by my gp, is this sufficient evidence to withdraw from the uni and move to a different uni and re instate year 2 and get funding from cpr as I only got one year left as I am now on my 3rd year of funding.

    thank you

    You may be able to transfer into the 2nd year (ie. from September) but only if you have a) acceptable A level grades for the new Uni, and b) done appropriate/compatible courses at your current Uni that match their degree course.

    Most Unis are far more interested in your academic record/potential than long explanations of whyyou want to change Unis. Just email likely depts with info about your A levels/current grades etc and see if they are interested.

    Btw, 'unfit for work' includes studying - so you would have to show that you are now capable of actually doing the course as no Uni will accept anyone as a transfer who they can be fairly certain will (for whatever reason) not complete their degree on time.

University open days

  1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.