Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got an audition to Bath Spa (for Music BA) in just over 1 week's time but I'm thinking of declining the audition. I've gotten offers from all my other universities, it was quite low down on my list and the entry requirements are quite high, higher than what I was predicted. They also want me there at 10am (it takes me like 4 hours minimum to get to Bath - I explained this to them, the time didn't budge) with a composition, essay and 2 performances ready and given I'm not overly keen on going here, I'm wondering whether I should actually audition. My parents aren't too keen on going either...I've already been told "well go because you can see the university and you might like it" but I went to the open day and it was okay but I've gotten offers from other universities that I love the look of (facilities, people and city) and I feel I would prefer those (they're also much closer to home apart from 1, which I haven't seen yet). I can't "just go and see it" because going down there is a lot of hassle for us but I'm still thinking "what if"... :/
    I've thought to myself, if I got an offer, would I go? And I keep answering no so would I be doing the right thing by declining the audition (I also have nothing prepared...)? Does anyone think I should still audition?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.