The Student Room Group

No bursary for nursing and midwifery students from 1017

Scroll to see replies

Just curious! I applied for uni this year and have received an offer to start March 2017 instead of September 2016(what I actually applied for).. Does that mean I will still get the NHS bursary and tuition fees paid for etc because I applied this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Blondie864
Just curious! I applied for uni this year and have received an offer to start March 2017 instead of September 2016(what I actually applied for).. Does that mean I will still get the NHS bursary and tuition fees paid for etc because I applied this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there

I needed to check the bursary funding for MA nursing and was told that all bursary funding remains in place as it is at the moment until 31st July 2017, from 1st August 2017 the intention is the removal off NHS bursaries and tuition fees for students and shift to loans coordinated through student finance.

Good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your offer 😊
Reply 23

Congratulations on your place :smile:. You would still receive the NHS bursary and have your titution fees paid because the new rules apply for those applying to courses that start from 01 August 2017. If you had been given a place to start in September, then you would have to apply for loans. It doesn't matter when you applied, only your course start date matters; as you need to apply for funding for the year you start not for when you applied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending