Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My journey to straight A*- B GCSE Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    MY JOURNEY TO STRAIGHTA*- B GCSE

Aspirations
    I am hoping to study politics, french, english literature and sociology at either latymer or woodhouse for A Level although my mum wants me to go to Henrietta Barnett which I have no interest in.

Subjects I study ( Mock Grade) {Predicted grade} [My aim]
    Maths B B A
    English Lit A A A*
    English Lang D B A
    French A B A
    Sociology A A* A*
    Geography C B A
    Physics C B A
    Chemistry A B A*
    Biology - B already achieved
    ICT - D2* L2M D2*

I am a firm believer that with my predicted grades I can get 1 or 2 grades higher than those in the real thing with REAL REVISION.

ReputationRep:
    REVISION AIMS
    My plan is to complete the whole of chemistry, physics, maths and IT by mid march so I can use april to focus on english, sociology and geography as those are the subjects I find easiest. (if you're wondering why I got a C in my geog mock since I find it easy its because I literally didn't revise at all I spent all of my time on maths since I'm crap at it)

RESOURCES
    Chemistry & Physics - CGP revision books and past papers
    Maths - Mathswatch and past papers
    English Lit- My own notes and mind maps
    Spoiler:
    Show
    English Lang - Im crap at this I have no idea what to do
    French - Learn all AQA french vocab on memrise
    Sociology - My exercise book/ revision booklet
    Geography - Edexcel revision guide and workbook
    ICT - teachict.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Whats been achieved so far

Tuesday: I started C1.1 on sunday and I completed c1.1 on tuesday. I spent 6 hours on consolidating my knowledge and followed the TSR revision sessions.

Wednesday: Did roughly 4 hours of revision and finished C1.2 I also read over some french vocab.

ReputationRep:
    This weeks goals
    1.Complete C1 and past papers
    2. Learn my french speaking and master my accent

ReputationRep:
    18/02/2016
    So I'm kind of disappointed in myself as I only did 50 minutes revision today however I still managed to get midway through c1.3. Had a mini panic attack when I realised exams are so close and I haven't finished properly revising for any one subject

Tomorrows goals:
    Complete french booklet so I can read it every lunch time and after school
    English: Make a poster of all the types of techniques authors used so it can be used in the literature exam & start on the english language coursework
    Chemistry: Try and get up to at LEAST C1.5
    Sociology: If theres time make a sociological research poster

I've also decided that when I go back to school at lunch times I will be reading mister pip and making more notes. I plan on doing one english lit past paper every weekend to give to my teacher to mark during the week

ReputationRep:
    19/02/2016 10: 10 am
    Revision shall commence at 10:30 starting with some chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TyanaChu)
    REVISION AIMS
    My plan is to complete the whole of chemistry, physics, maths and IT by mid march so I can use april to focus on english, sociology and geography as those are the subjects I find easiest.
    I STRONGLY recommend you to rethink your revision strategy. The best type of revision is chunks across all of your subjects, as you will most likely forget everything you did in March. At least spreading it out over all your subjects, there's only small amounts of each subject you've forgotten instead of whole exams.

Also build up your revision! Maybe one hour per day in March, two hours per day in April and then as much as you need in May, June and any holidays. Something Iike this would keep you on track, productive and no where near as tired. Part of the reason why I didn't do as well as hoped is because my strategy was off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I STRONGLY recommend you to rethink your revision strategy. The best type of revision is chunks across all of your subjects, as you will most likely forget everything you did in March. At least spreading it out over all your subjects, there's only small amounts of each subject you've forgotten instead of whole exams.

Also build up your revision! Maybe one hour per day in March, two hours per day in April and then as much as you need in May, June and any holidays. Something Iike this would keep you on track, productive and no where near as tired. Part of the reason why I didn't do as well as hoped is because my strategy was off.
    Thanks! I thought about that but my plan was to have flashcards and read over all my flashcards for chemistry maths physics and IT and ensure I did a past paper every week leading up to the exam so i don't forget anything whilst I learn sociology geography and english? Do you still think that wouldn't work?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.