Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Social anxiety, depression and lack of interest in life in general Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I will give a bit of context/background:
    • I am 21
    • I suffer from dyslexia
    • I am about to graduate from uni (yes I will turn 22 in August)
    • I do not have any friends or limited friends

Basically I was trying to change my life or turn it round since this year at university. But in fact it has been worse - the workload has been heavy and I have not met a lot of new people.

I have never really had friends at high school and was bullied at one point due to my dyslexia. My depression was at one point under control (I guess I was happy before for some reason) but now it has become a lot worse. Social anxiety has become worse and it doesn't help that my best mate is hanging out/talking to a girl that I don't like. I have told a few times that I don't really like due to her personality. She thinks she is full of herself and flirts a lot with guys. She drinks and gets wasted at clubs and to be honest, don't want to sound rude but a bit of a slut. BTW she doesn't really like me either because she takes selfies with my mate but not with me

Anyways, I have been thinking about getting some counselling but I am bit embarrassed because I am a man. I have never been counselling before but my uni offer it as a service. I have been thinking so negative and lost interest in life altogether - I feel so weak.

Any advice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.