The Student Room Group

Bacteria

Why is it important to handle bacteria in aceptic conditions?
Reply 1
Aseptic techniques must be used to reduce the likelihood of bacterial contamination. This usually involves disinfection of working areas, minimising possible access by bacteria from the air to exposed media, and use of flames to kill bacteria which might enter vessels as they are opened. :smile:

Original post by mariam687
Why is it important to handle bacteria in aceptic conditions?
So that you don't contaminate your culture with unwanted bacteria.
To isolate certain bacteria from mixed cultures in order to get a pure culture.
And to ensure the bacteria aren't spread outside of a contained environment and to ensure those handling them aren't infected with them.

In a nut shell really, though you could potentially go into more detail. But at GCSE level that shouldn't be necessary.
Reply 3
Original post by iKiss.
Aseptic techniques must be used to reduce the likelihood of bacterial contamination. This usually involves disinfection of working areas, minimising possible access by bacteria from the air to exposed media, and use of flames to kill bacteria which might enter vessels as they are opened. :smile:

oh right ok thank you :smile:

I saw your post on someone elses thread about gaining an a* in english lan + lit, you said you had a sheet that helped you, is it possible if i could have the sheet too?

if not, no problem, I was just asking :smile:

but thanks again for the help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mariam687
oh right ok thank you :smile:

I saw your post on someone elses thread about gaining an a* in english lan + lit, you said you had a sheet that helped you, is it possible if i could have the sheet too?

if not, no problem, I was just asking :smile:

but thanks again for the help :smile:

Yeah sure, a lot of people are asking me, I'll send it later, I've got to find the sheet, that's why... Just PM me :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by iKiss.
Yeah sure, a lot of people are asking me, I'll send it later, I've got to find the sheet, that's why... Just PM me :smile:

oh right, okay thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest