starstudent7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone know what the AQA English Language coursework is out of? What percentage of it affects your final grade? Thanks for your help.
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
40% i think. I've forgotten what its out of.
iKiss.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by starstudent7)
Does anyone know what the AQA English Language coursework is out of? What percentage of it affects your final grade? Thanks for your help.
Coursework is worth 40%, so it can boost your exam grade, if you perform badly on the day. That's why I improved coursework from, a b grade to an A.
Federerr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
40%

Out of 80 (72/80 to get an A*)

Don't know whether the following applies to you but meh:

10 marks for recreations
10 marks for commission
10 marks for spag (average between recreations and commission)
20 marks for spoken language
30 marks for TKAM/Of Mice And Men
asox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
for language, coursework is worth 50UMS likewise is the paper so it is 50% of the overall grade
this is for CIE but I imagine the same applies for AQA
starstudent7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Federerr)
40%

Out of 80 (72/80 to get an A*)

Don't know whether the following applies to you but meh:

10 marks for recreations
10 marks for commissions
20 marks for spoken language
30 marks for TKAM/Of Mice And Men
Thanks, I have got 68/80.
Federerr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, I have got 68/80.
Congrats! I got 73/80
starstudent7
Rep:
?
Congrats! I got 73/80
You must be really good at English then. Did you get nearly full marks on all your pieces? What did you get in your English Literature coursework?
?Hannah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me for English language 30% is coursework, and then for literature 40% is coursework
Federerr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You must be really good at English then. Did you get nearly full marks on all your pieces? What did you get in your English Literature coursework?
I was on a D last year for English (Consistent grade). Since then my teacher set me creative writing homework pieces every week and I have improved to now be on an A* grade Practise makes perfect.

For literature my teacher hasn't marked it yet, but a friend of mine did get 38/40. I'd say i'd get around 35/36 marks, he put much more effort then I did.

I got

28/30 in TKAM
18/20 in Spoken Language
9/10 in Recreation
9/10 in Commissions
9/10 in Spag
starstudent7
Rep:
?
I was on a D last year for English (Consistent grade). Since then my teacher set me creative writing homework pieces every week and I have improved to now be on an A* grade Practise makes perfect.

For literature my teacher hasn't marked it yet, but a friend of mine did get 38/40. I'd say i'd get around 35/36 marks, he put much more effort then I did.

I got

28/30 in TKAM
18/20 in Spoken Language
9/10 in Recreation
9/10 in Commissions
9/10 in Spag
I thought that the English Literature controlled assessment was out of 30. I did mine at the start of Year 11 so it's been quite a while. I am planning of redoing it to improve my marks. Also how do you revise for English Literature and do you have any tips on the poem comparison essay?
Do you have any tips on how to answer this question for English Literature:
Compare the presentation of Tybaltand Macbeth as villains.Thanks for your help.
Federerr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought that the English Literature controlled assessment was out of 30. I did mine at the start of Year 11 so it's been quite a while. I am planning of redoing it to improve my marks. Also how do you revise for English Literature and do you have any tips on the poem comparison essay?
Do you have any tips on how to answer this question for English Literature:
Compare the presentation of Tybaltand Macbeth as villains.Thanks for your help.
I've never looked at a literature poem. I'm dreading the actual exam. I did well on the controlled assessment because my teacher spent hours spoon feeding me on what to actually write. Other than that I know sh*t all :cry2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed