Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the AQA English Language coursework is out of? What percentage of it affects your final grade? Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    40% i think. I've forgotten what its out of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    Does anyone know what the AQA English Language coursework is out of? What percentage of it affects your final grade? Thanks for your help.
    Coursework is worth 40%, so it can boost your exam grade, if you perform badly on the day. That's why I improved coursework from, a b grade to an A.

ReputationRep:
    40%

Out of 80 (72/80 to get an A*)

Don't know whether the following applies to you but meh:

10 marks for recreations
    10 marks for commission
    10 marks for spag (average between recreations and commission)
    20 marks for spoken language
    30 marks for TKAM/Of Mice And Men

ReputationRep:
    for language, coursework is worth 50UMS likewise is the paper so it is 50% of the overall grade
    this is for CIE but I imagine the same applies for AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    40%

Out of 80 (72/80 to get an A*)

Don't know whether the following applies to you but meh:

10 marks for recreations
    10 marks for commissions
    20 marks for spoken language
    30 marks for TKAM/Of Mice And Men
    Thanks, I have got 68/80.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I have got 68/80.
    Congrats! I got 73/80

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I got 73/80
    You must be really good at English then. Did you get nearly full marks on all your pieces? What did you get in your English Literature coursework?

ReputationRep:
    For me for English language 30% is coursework, and then for literature 40% is coursework

ReputationRep:
    You must be really good at English then. Did you get nearly full marks on all your pieces? What did you get in your English Literature coursework?
    I was on a D last year for English (Consistent grade). Since then my teacher set me creative writing homework pieces every week and I have improved to now be on an A* grade Practise makes perfect.

For literature my teacher hasn't marked it yet, but a friend of mine did get 38/40. I'd say i'd get around 35/36 marks, he put much more effort then I did.

I got

28/30 in TKAM
    18/20 in Spoken Language
    9/10 in Recreation
    9/10 in Commissions
    9/10 in Spag

ReputationRep:
    I was on a D last year for English (Consistent grade). Since then my teacher set me creative writing homework pieces every week and I have improved to now be on an A* grade Practise makes perfect.

For literature my teacher hasn't marked it yet, but a friend of mine did get 38/40. I'd say i'd get around 35/36 marks, he put much more effort then I did.

I got

28/30 in TKAM
    18/20 in Spoken Language
    9/10 in Recreation
    9/10 in Commissions
    9/10 in Spag
    I thought that the English Literature controlled assessment was out of 30. I did mine at the start of Year 11 so it's been quite a while. I am planning of redoing it to improve my marks. Also how do you revise for English Literature and do you have any tips on the poem comparison essay?
    Do you have any tips on how to answer this question for English Literature:
    Compare the presentation of Tybaltand Macbeth as villains.Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the English Literature controlled assessment was out of 30. I did mine at the start of Year 11 so it's been quite a while. I am planning of redoing it to improve my marks. Also how do you revise for English Literature and do you have any tips on the poem comparison essay?
    Do you have any tips on how to answer this question for English Literature:
    Compare the presentation of Tybaltand Macbeth as villains.Thanks for your help.
    I've never looked at a literature poem. I'm dreading the actual exam. I did well on the controlled assessment because my teacher spent hours spoon feeding me on what to actually write. Other than that I know sh*t all :cry2:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.