Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying a BSc in psychology but am interested in my postgraduate options in law. Is this at all possible?

ReputationRep:
    Google the entry requirements of the Law Masters course of the university you are looking to attend. I just Googled and picked a university local to me and it states that:

"Applicants should have a good Honours degree in law, or a degree in another discipline augmented with a pass in the Common Professional Examination."

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean in terms of GDL (and becoming a legal professional) or are you talking purely about your academic options? If the former, your BSc is absolutely adequate preparation for the GDL. If the latter, it would be extremely difficult to demonstrate that you have sufficient legal knowledge to cope with the course, even if you focussed heavily in criminology and crimo-psychopathology. Though there are MAs in the likes of Medical Law which have no requirement of previous legal study which you'd be eligible to study. http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgradu...al-law-ma.aspx

If you want PG which is more generalist, there are post-graduate "Senior Status" LLBs which are two years long as opposed to the ordinary UG LLBs which are three years in length.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help! I think I'm more interested in the former, the GDL, as I read it's a form of a conversion course. What would my status be after completing the GDL though? I'm wondering what the route to becoming a solicitor would be after taking a BSc in psychology.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.