Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Valentines Day banned in Pakistan: Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahhaha

I think it's funny. As if people are gonna stop celebrating because of a ban in PAKISTAN. The country where everything is corrupt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlskep)

That girl's sign says "no love" o.O

I guess if your marriage is to someone twice your age while you're still a child, you'd have a nihilistic view of love.

ReputationRep:
    They hate love and love hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    They're probably annoyed they haven't got a woman in their life.
    one phone call can solve their problems:

http://loveproblemsolutionbaba.weebl...002745.jpg?760

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd fc2)
    Why are you backstabbing and laughing at other Muslims?

Islamically they're doing the right thing here They're banning a day which is associated with zina and fitna.

This isn't cultural opposition, it's very obvious religious opposition from Muslims. You think the Prophet pbuh wouldn't a ban a holiday a western holiday which encourages girlfriends boyfriends etc?
    There's much bigger issues in the world tbh. You could encourage it for married couples instead if it's such an issue. :dontknow:

Plus there's non-Muslims in Pakistan, we can't ban all their festivals because some people don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know people celebrate that in Pakistan lol

ReputationRep:
    Of course this is rubbish. Daily Mail conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    They're really a fun bunch aren't they?

Proud to call it home, I guess...

ReputationRep:
    There are bigger issues in Pakistan and people care about those too. There are bigger issues than banning valentines day but you still took the time to backstab those Muslims, are there not any big issues for you to concentrate on?

Why must we encourage western customs for Muslims when Islam already teaches us to love our spouses? Do we need westerners to teach us love too? Is that how bad you think Pakistanis are that we cannot even love our spouses.

It's not their festival, it's a western import. And we can ban them if they become a problem for Muslims, Pakistan is a Muslim country.
    Lmao how am I backstabbing them? The way they're protesting is just ott imo.

Nobody is saying encourage it, but if people celebrate then who really cares, it's such a non issue. I didn't say that, I don't even give a crap about Valentine's Day.

Doesn't change the fact we have Hindus and Christians in Pakistan, Islam doesn't say to ban all other religions.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i seen it on BBC news. to be clear, from what ive heard India is in the same situation as Pakistan and that is a majority hindu state so dont go bashing muslims. the news broadcast asked people if pakistan whether they wanted to celebrate it or not and the responses for no wasnt to do with religion it was to do with the fact that people didnt think it was necessary to have a day to express love for someone it should be done all year round. No religion was mentioned. also can i ask is it full banned or just in areas, yu might want to change yout title to some areas of pakistan. its more of a cultural thing rather than relgious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    yeah i seen it on BBC news. to be clear, India is in the same situation as Pakistan and that is a hindu state so dont go bashing muslims. the news broadcast asked people if pakistan whether they wanted to celebrate it or not and the responses for no wasnt to do with religion it was to do with the fact that people didnt think it was necessary to have a day to express love for someone it should be done all year round. No religion was mentioned. also can i ask is it full banned or just in areas, yu might want to change yout title to some areas of pakistan. its more of a cultural thing rather than relgious
    Erm....... no.
    India is a secular state with a Hindu majority population.

And no state or district in India has banned it. It's usually a small group of local people and organizations that oppose it and do some quite frankly ridiculous/disgusting things to people who do celebrate it. However, the government, president, local institutions etc have not banned it.

ReputationRep:
    We can restrict their festivals if they are proving to lead Muslims astray.
    So their faith is so weak that festivals of other minority religions are going to lead them astray?

ReputationRep:
    You were making fun of them on page 1 where they most likely cannot see it. Then let them, why do you care? What happened to there bigger issues in the world?

Dude I am pretty sure you said one option is to encourage it in a restricted form. Like literally.

We as Muslims see something unislamic, whether big or small and we oppose it. There are even hadiths saying do not imitate their celebrations.

Look at the example given in the Quran of Luqman as and his son.

Quran surah 3 verse 17
    " O my son, establish prayer, enjoin what is right, forbid what is wrong, and be patient over what befalls you. Indeed, [all] that is of the matters [requiring] determination. "

If you can argue with me or make fun of Muslims, why can you not spare like 1 minute to denounce something unislamic?

We can restrict their festivals if they are proving to lead Muslims astray. Anyway Valentines day, is not something that Jesus ordered for Christians or in the Hindu religion. So this is non-issue you're bringing up.
    At the end of the day we can't control everything people do, if nobody is being hurt why bother? That's just my opinion. If you beleive in Islam, you'll trust allah will guide them to the right to path.

Can we leave this now, I feel pathetic whenever I get into debates online :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Erm....... no.
    India is a secular state with a Hindu majority population.

And no state or district in India has banned it. It's usually a small group of local people and organizations that oppose it and do some quite frankly ridiculous/disgusting things to people who do celebrate it. However, the government, president, local institutions etc have not banned it.
    i didnt mean to offend, i meant to say majority Hindu state. as for when i said about it being banned in parts of india thats what i heard from the BBC thing so take it up on them not me

ReputationRep:
    well... they have a right to fight against the western Kulturkampf.
    but, hey, I'm sure that Brits in UK are happy to celebrate that American custom!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    "A district in north-western Pakistan banned Valentine's Day celebrations." - so only banned in one district, not all over the country.

" In neighbouring India, Valentine's Day also garners opposition, usually from Hindu conservatives who say it is alien to Indian culture" - it's also not only opposed by Muslims, but Hindus too, so it's more of a cultural opposition it seems.

Honestly they seem like the same people who complain about Valentine's Day because they're lonely :lol:
    "Pakistan's president has denounced St Valentine's Day, saying the festival has no connection with Pakistani culture and should be avoided.President Mamnoon Hussain told students that it was a Western tradition and conflicted with Muslim culture.

"BBC NEWS
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35570606

Sol tolerant of our culture, how many billions of aid have we given Pakistan again? (Which they spend on their huge military)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i didnt mean to offend, i meant to say majority Hindu state. as for when i said about it being banned in parts of india thats what i heard from the BBC thing so take it up on them not me
    Not offended, I'm just pointing out the inaccuracy of what you wrote, although I agreed with the rest of what was written.

And that article at the end did not say the president or local governments etc. have banned it in India just referenced "Hindu conservatives" opposing it.
    Hindu conservative organizations are not local and national institutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Not offended, I'm just pointing out the inaccuracy of what you wrote, although I agreed with the rest of what was written.

And that article at the end did not say the president or local governments etc. have banned it in India just referenced "Hindu conservatives" opposing it.
    Hindu conservative organizations are not local and national institutions.
    i didnt read it off the article it was on the BBC news world channel there was a news broadcast about it from Pakistan
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Why is this news? Isn't it similar to how we wouldn't celebrate festivals/holidays that aren't relevant to our culture?

Also didn't the article say that after the change proved unpopular, they reversed the decision?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.