Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a geography GCSE exam my mate answered a question about the hazards of storm surges by writing a story about a woman who neally drowned in Bangladesh but was rescued by monkeys and a domino's pizza delivery driver.

He got a D!!

ReputationRep:
    In my science gcse a couple weeks ago it asked "name satellites that orbit the earth and their purpose". For some reason that good old stephen hawking advert came into my mind, in the spaceship, and I just put stephen hawking satellite. Not really funny but odd. This is a funny thread, it's fun to write stupid things in such fussed about things. In my english exam we had to write a description of a dentist and I just wrote about him drilling kiddies. That won't get me disqualified will it? I meant it literally but it came out wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well for my GCSE Edexcel History A exam last week I got really tired and I hadn't really revised so I waffled through it.
    Things like "Well I am not going to restate things just for the sake of it as it is quite obvious which country was at fault here, blah blah"

Did that for about half a page lol

ANd then for my GCSE Physics mock it asked for a lab test for one of the halogens. I said halogen is very poisonous so "put a rat within a glass box enclosed with said halogen. Observe kinetic abilities of rat. When movements are at minimum remove said rat and proceed to check it's heart rate. If halogen is present its heart rate will be zero."
    And then at the bottom I said in brackets "this test DOES work"

Got a zero lol

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty sick. I hope you don't try that in real life.

ReputationRep:
    i always wondered what would happen in say a geog exam if all your geographical knowledge was perfect.. but you said something like "so you see if we do not develop a long term sustainable plan for fossil fuel usage, the planet will be f****d".. was always very tempted but too boring to actually do it. would probably give the examiner a laugh though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    They can refuse to mark the paper/ disqualify the subject if inappropriate material is written. I've never known it to happen but was told about it and decided not to write a random essay of my choice in general studies.
    Many examiers will be okay about it, but it only takes one.
    This course of action is not advised.
    OMGGGGG i wrote so many weird coments on my physics paper~

ReputationRep:
    I haven't written anything like these I don't think.. but a teacher was telling us about some papers he's marked... for example:
    Question: "What is germination?"
    Answe: "The process of becoming a German"

ReputationRep:
    I always come out sounding really sarcastic in my exams. I don't mean to, it just comes out like that. I've done it in all my exams so far, and I don't mean to! In the geography exam, my consistent use of exciting adjectives to describe really boring things sounded like I was taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    in a mock gcse RE exam some girls in the year above were answering a question 'who is the Tsar of Russia' and Claire wrote 'me' and Emma wrote 'Claire'. and in another RE exam (ha, it always seems to be RE!) someone in our year was answering 'why is Ash Wednesday called Ash Wednesday' - she put 'because it's on a Wednesday'. She demanded half marks for getting half of the question right!

ReputationRep:
    In the OCR Physics A Unifying Concepts paper last week, the first question was:

Q. Estimate the power rating of a kettle.

A. 3 kW. My kettle is a rapid-boil model which is featured in the Argos catalogue. The catalogue states that it has a 3 kW filament.

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone that, in their RE GCSE exam, compared going to hell with brushing his teeth. I don't know what grade he got, but I can have a good guess...

ReputationRep:
    In an English language GCSE a few years ago I thought that the main question "describe the room you are sitting in" was so stupid that I did the whole question from the point of view of a zombie that the examiners were keeping in a prison cell and wrote it as though the exam was my sentence. Kinda strange but was only one from my school to get an A* in it so the examiner can't have thought it was that stupid, they were probably just bored with reading too many normal answers.

ReputationRep:
    In my chem exam it had 'name this amino acid'...i couldnt work out its real name and thought of putting fred or something but then chickened out cos i need chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    My friend wrote the funniest answers to RE mock papers. Things like going on about how forcing your religion on people can lead to things like facism and Hitler (he underlined Hitler and facism for more effect)... it was pretty funny reading the whole prose after it had been marked and given back to him. I know another person that just got bored and wrote things like "because that is what God said", then drew the entire seating plan of the hall on the bak of his paper.

And in the real one another friend was writing about Sister Act, and introduced a new charachter with a really weird name who sprung up now and then and said quotes that basically helped him back up what he said... quite funny because it was the real exam. I wonder if the examiner noticed.. probably becuase of the weird name.

ReputationRep:
    One friend wrote about putting tea cosies on chickens and the society for prevention of cruelty to teapots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilschild)
    In an English language GCSE a few years ago I thought that the main question "describe the room you are sitting in" was so stupid that I did the whole question from the point of view of a zombie that the examiners were keeping in a prison cell and wrote it as though the exam was my sentence. Kinda strange but was only one from my school to get an A* in it so the examiner can't have thought it was that stupid, they were probably just bored with reading too many normal answers.
    Wow. Two things really:

I did that exam too
    I did that exam and was the only person from my school to get an A* too

Weird.

I wrote about how it was used for PE, and how I got tripped up and felt a victim. All complete rubbish like that. I thought I'd be lucky with a C.

(Original post by mik1a)
    My friend wrote the funniest answers to RE mock papers. Things like going on about how forcing your religion on people can lead to things like facism and Hitler (he underlined Hitler and facism for more effect)... it was pretty funny reading the whole prose after it had been marked and given back to him. I know another person that just got bored and wrote things like "because that is what God said", then drew the entire seating plan of the hall on the bak of his paper.

And in the real one another friend was writing about Sister Act, and introduced a new charachter with a really weird name who sprung up now and then and said quotes that basically helped him back up what he said... quite funny because it was the real exam. I wonder if the examiner noticed.. probably becuase of the weird name.

Hahaha.
    Id have liked it even better if he'd highlighted "Hitler" and drawn little stars around it. or something. or mini swastikas.

ReputationRep:
    I also somehow sound sarcastic. For example in January's poltics 4 exam I answered a question of the development of the new right by saying that: conservative party policy was chnaged for ever by the arrival of a Grantham grocer's daughter etc. Got full marks.
    In this times General Studies I answerd a question on the Iraq war by anaology to the use of railway barrier vechicles. Hopefully the examiner will not be checking my railway knowledge as I had to make some of it up!

(Original post by InterCity125)
    I also somehow sound sarcastic. For example in January's poltics 4 exam I answered a question of the development of the new right by saying that: conservative party policy was chnaged for ever by the arrival of a Grantham grocer's daughter etc. Got full marks.
    In this times General Studies I answerd a question on the Iraq war by anaology to the use of railway barrier vechicles. Hopefully the examiner will not be checking my railway knowledge as I had to make some of it up!

We had a question on how you owuld reform A-levels. I really wanted to put "For a start I would abolish general studies - as you can see,it really is a waste of time"

but i didnt

rosie

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I remember that 'describe the room you are in' question in GCSE English but I chickened out of doing it!

RE was always an amazing subject for writing random stuff such as:

Question: What are the marriage vows?
    Answer: A, E, I, O, U

I also knew someone who quoted Yoda in their RE exam and said 'because Christian Smarties have the answer' at the end of each question! No-one really cared as it was a half GCSE (short course).

Hehehe, look at this guy's Chemistry exam!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.