Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was this the right choice? Watch

Announcements

I thought I was going somewhere with this girl, but after she cancelled multiple meets and gave *****y excuses for each I came to the conclusion that I was going nowhere with her and she's essentially messing me around. I made a thread about this a while back, its here if it helps.

I set out on trying to get over her, as I had strong feelings towards her Its been hard to do it. However she asked me if I wanted to do something today, and of course of all days it had to be valentines day.

I declined, which was pretty hard for me.

But now its really starting to bother me, the fact that as it was on valentines day it could have been my chance to be more than a friend, but then I remember how its been between us before today and my mind keeps going in circles from that point.

Would you guys say this was the right choice? Half of me says it is but the other doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I thought I was going somewhere with this girl, but after she cancelled multiple meets and gave *****y excuses for each I came to the conclusion that I was going nowhere with her and she's essentially messing me around. I made a thread about this a while back, its here if it helps.

I set out on trying to get over her, as I had strong feelings towards her Its been hard to do it. However she asked me if I wanted to do something today, and of course of all days it had to be valentines day.

I declined, which was pretty hard for me.

But now its really starting to bother me, the fact that as it was on valentines day it could have been my chance to be more than a friend, but then I remember how its been between us before today and my mind keeps going in circles from that point.

Would you guys say this was the right choice? Half of me says it is but the other doesn't.
    It sounds like she's the sort of girl who's more for show... She wants to show the world that she has everything and that everything is at her heels, but you refusing to meet her today means that you're not her pup. If she really and genuinely is interested, she will ask you again... If she doesn't, it means that she wasn't really interested in the first place and just didn't want to be loner on Valentine's Day...

ReputationRep:
    You made the right decision in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMaster1)
    It sounds like she's the sort of girl who's more for show... She wants to show the world that she has everything and that everything is at her heels, but you refusing to meet her today means that you're not her pup. If she really and genuinely is interested, she will ask you again... If she doesn't, it means that she wasn't really interested in the first place and just didn't want to be loner on Valentine's Day...
    This
    This this this:thumbsup:

Good choice, she's feeling lonely and needs her ego stroked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    This
    This this this:thumbsup:

Good choice, she's feeling lonely and needs her ego stroked.
    I did good?

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I did exactly the same thing today. And last year... Some people just need an ego to be stroked and others have egos bigger than their body can carry. I speak from personal experience

ReputationRep:
    yes deffo
    if she asks again go
    if she doesnt - it wasn't gonna happen anyway

she aint the only one with the 'busy schedule'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMaster1)
    I did good?
    You did awesome.... Off the charts. It's truth what you said. She just needs her little puppy to stroke her ego on v-day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    You did awesome.... Off the charts. It's truth what you said. She just needs her little puppy to stroke her ego on v-day.
    Why, thank you! 😊

ReputationRep:
    You did good, especially knowing how it is hard to make such a decision.

I agree with AMaster1 as well, she seems to be one of those girls.

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks for the input guys!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.