Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black racist filmed on bus abusing Muslim Lady Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Islam is a race? ...
    The Muslim lady was also Arab, which makes this racism. Anyhow most Muslims in the UK are also of minority races so most instances of Islamophobia are also instances of racism.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, she wasn't discussing any particular theological disputes she might have with Islam, just profiling her as a result of her ethnic appearance and ethnic style of dress. That's racism.

(Original post by Copperknickers)
    The Muslim lady was also Arab, which makes this racism. Anyhow most Muslims in the UK are also of minority races so most instances of Islamophobia are also instances of racism.
    The victim being ethnic doesn't make it a hate crime

E.g. if you hit a black person, that's not racism, unless you hit them BECAUSE they are black

It is the intent of the perpetrator that makes the difference

Most instances of Islamophobia are not racism, if they would say the same thing to someone of any race

ReputationRep:
    Islamophobia isn't a thing. The disliking of a set of ideas cannot be racist, and it is not a phobia. And it's not exactly like Islam doesn't provoke criticism. A set of ideas which is proposed to be the perfect and infallible truth, divinely revealed unto an illiterate desert-dwelling warlord is begging for criticism.

That's not to say that the woman in this video isn't a moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-;[url="tel:62726643")
    62726643[/url]]Because it got a tonne of media attention already.. when it happened about 3 months ago.
    A ton yeah right it has less than 200,000 views. Everybody knew about my tram experience..

ReputationRep:
    Lol black people can't be racist don't you understand how racism works?

-insert manipulated, cultural view of racism in here to claim any kind of reverse racism or racism from non-white people isn't racism-

#triggered

ReputationRep:
    A black woman telling another women from a different race to go back to their own country...

Strong everything.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I guess you've been living under a rock. Because this is old as hell and it got plenty exposure

And that woman is a mess. She's most likely in east London Whitechapel or smth and she's talking reckless on a bus full of Muslims. How could she endanger herself AND her child like that. Really disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    But wait, I thought black people couldn't be racist? :confused::confused::

When she was like to the baby "What happened? ISIS happened..." I was like...:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    This was really hard to watch didn't even watch over a minute. Her ignorance is cringeworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    A ton yeah right it has less than 200,000 views. Everybody knew about my tram experience..
    That's one video. There are plent of videos of white people being racist on public transport that does not have as much views as my tram experience. Stop trying to victimise yourself.

ReputationRep:
    There are somethings I missed from the 1st time I watched this video. Threatening to kick a pregnant mother so she misscarries, the woman taking her 5 yr old looking boy off the bus becuase of the abuse. What kind of mother does that to other mothers and their kids? She's a monster.

(Original post by Inexorably)
    Lol black people can't be racist don't you understand how racism works?

-insert manipulated, cultural view of racism in here to claim any kind of reverse racism or racism from non-white people isn't racism-

#triggered
    But racism is prejudice+power...

ReputationRep:
    The victim being ethnic doesn't make it a hate crime

E.g. if you hit a black person, that's not racism, unless you hit them BECAUSE they are black

It is the intent of the perpetrator that makes the difference

Most instances of Islamophobia are not racism, if they would say the same thing to someone of any race
    But they obviously wouldn't say the same thing to people of other races. You can't tell a British Muslim convert to 'go back to their own country'.

But they obviously wouldn't say the same thing to people of other races. You can't tell a British Muslim convert to 'go back to their own country'.
    Agreed, but I wasn't questioning that SPECIFIC act, I was questioning your incorrect statement:

most Muslims in the UK are also of minority races so most instances of Islamophobia are also instances of racism.
    which assumes all crimes affecting minorities are hate crimes

ReputationRep:
    which assumes all crimes affecting minorities are hate crimes
    No it doesn't. It assumes all verified instances of Islamophobia, which are by definition hate crimes, are also instances of racism.

No it doesn't. It assumes all verified instances of Islamophobia, which are by definition hate crimes, are also instances of racism.
    Which assumes that Islam is a race... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Duh!

ISLAM is a BELIEF SYSTEM whose adherents are NOT a RACIAL GROUPING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Because you didn't see it doesn't mean there was no exposure. If I recall correctly the lady has already been charged.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.