Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do you think humans will go extinct? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ^^

Just a question I'm curious to know the answers too

Do you think we won't?

Maybe even add how you think it will happen if you're up for it!

ReputationRep:
    Soon hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Given the rate at which are are *******ing up the environment and destroying biodiversity, I get the impression we want to do it very soon.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    we'll be the death of each other.
    -china exporting knock off food with dangerous chemicals in them to their poor neighbouring countries for easy profit
    -america with their guns
    -ISIS in the middle east
    -terrorism groups in Africa
    and soo many more
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If it happens then I would expect it to happen within a century or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    we'll be the death of each other.
    -china exporting knock off food with dangerous chemicals in them to their poor neighbouring countries for easy profit
    -america with their guns
    -ISIS in the middle east
    -terrorism groups in Africa
    and soo many more
    I've heard about the bits of plastic inside the rice. Makes me sad thinking about how corrupt this world is.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    I've heard about the bits of plastic inside the rice. Makes me sad thinking about how corrupt this world is.
    yeah i heard that too and the poor will buy it even if they know. even though we live in the UK my mum is still so concerned about chinese products in the supermarket :s

ReputationRep:
    When a great natural disaster takes place, our survival instinct as a species is way too high to 'just die out'.

ReputationRep:
    After more people listen to Ultralight Beams, many of us will ascend to NEW GOD DREAMs level, and we shall inherit the earth from the regular humans. Ushering a new era of life.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, very soon. I think a global health disaster will be the end, something that is resistant to everything. The way that humans have so arrogantly destroyed everything within sight, we really deserve to die out. The world would be a beautiful and peaceful place without humans.

ReputationRep:
    Think of it this way - The UNIVERSE will go extinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_d...f_the_universe

And if B can't escape from A, and A is destroyed, B will most certainly perish within A.

But humans won't live that long. Still, even the dinosaurs lived for 180 million years, and they didn't have scientific advancement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafcannon)
    Think of it this way - The UNIVERSE will go extinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_d...f_the_universe

And if B can't escape from A, and A is destroyed, B will most certainly perish within A.

But humans won't live that long. Still, even the dinosaurs lived for 180 million years, and they didn't have scientific advancement.
    Our 'advancement' has had countless negative effects on both us and the planet, we won't live nearly as long as the dinosaurs

ReputationRep:
    Within the next hundred years. Terrorism, running out of fossil fuels, deforestation. We are causing our own extinction.

ReputationRep:
    Considering that the earth is still relatively young, unless we get hit by a massive metheorite I don't think we will get extinct by external forces. We will probably bring exctinction ourselves, eg. war, disease, some sort of massive science experiment that goes wrong, atomic shite... or the earth decides that she's had enough and decides to purge herself.

I honestly believe we will get extinct eventually, although we won't be here to see it. Probably neither will our children.

The sooner the better
    We barely deserve to survive as a species

ReputationRep:
    We will die in the same way as we came into being - via a 'big bang'. We cannot predict when that will be as it will be a random cataclysmic occurrence. It may be initiated by nuclear warfare though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafcannon)
    ]But humans won't live that long. Still, even the dinosaurs lived for 180 million years, and they didn't have scientific advancement.
    The dinosaurs didn't partake in worldwide warfare either. Nor did they cause mass harm to their host planet, right? And 'dinosaur' isn't a species though; so 180 m.y. isn't relevant

(Original post by ATLHustler)
    Within the next hundred years. Terrorism, running out of fossil fuels, deforestation. We are causing our own extinction.
    That's so soon! I agree though, I don't think we're the intelligent species that set for long term global survival. We survived longer than the Neanderthals but we're due to leave soon too.

(Original post by enaayrah)
    The sooner the better
    We barely deserve to survive as a species
    Preach.

(Original post by CCC75)
    We will die in the same way as we came into being - via a 'big bang'. We cannot predict when that will be as it will be a random cataclysmic occurrence. It may be initiated by nuclear warfare though.
    So do you mean the Big Crunch? Or are you just talking figuratively?

Do you guys think we'll leave behind a more adaptive and intelligent species? Or will the process that created us have to start all over again from a much more primitive species?

I'm certain humans will become extinct eventually. In the bigger picture, the existence of humans is very minute - our time will pass.

As to how, I think it will be down to our own choices - my bet would be on something related to the damage we're doing to the environment. As well as this, I definitely think there will be an antbiotic-resistant illness/es that will wipe quite a lot of us out, even if I don't think it will be the thing that ends the human race.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully.

(Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Do you guys think we'll leave behind a more adaptive and intelligent species? Or will the process that created us have to start all over again from a much more primitive species?
    That is in our control... if we don't strangle genetic engineering, we will perhaps create a superior human-like species

If not, it'll likely start all over again, and some other form of life will be the new 'humans' - don't bet that they'll do a better job than us though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.