Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

forensic science watch

im a year 11 IB student and i have three questions
    1)my higher levels are: english, psychology and biology. is that enough for forensic science? because its too late to change one of my subjects to chemistry.
    2) if i don't take chemistry can i still take it as a course in uni or college?
    3)do you know any good universities or colleges for forensic science?

Hi, I do Forensic Science at LJMU. There's lots of universities that offer Forensic Science, if you go on this website you'll see a list that have been accredited - http://www.csofs.org/Accredited-Universities

There is a lot of Chemistry involved in the degree however I know a few people on my course who attended the first foundation course before going onto the Forensic Science course so that is something you should look into if you like LJMU. Most universities will be different on their entry requirements so it will really be a case of you looking at ones you like and seeing.

To find the good universities I would use that link I sent you then the University Ranking tables and see where each sits in the tables for Biomolecular science. Make sure you go somewhere you will enjoy however.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.