Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

The university is forcing me to take a leave of absence because two of my three classes have said due to circumstances outwith of my control, i am declared absent (flight cancellations, i even percussed proof!) My major has said I'm not in breach but because my two filler classes said i am, i have to take a leave of absence!

How will this affect my SAAS? Will i continue to receive SAAS up to May, because if not i am in so much trucks - my mother is unemployed and my grants are what are keeping the electricity and gas on.

I need help...
    • Very Important Poster

Beyond my knowledge, but the following comes to mind.

1. Go and talk to the welfare officer in the SU.
    2. Make sure you know the policy on LOA so you can understand the implications on your course. It should tell you how the Uni regards you and that might influence the way student finance regard you.
    3. Contact student loans.
    4. If you are absent, then you are going to have to go to CAB to see if theres any way you cna access the benefits system when your funding dries up.
    5. Get a job.

Start doing these asap. try not to panic. Its happened to other people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.