Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yr 11 where are you with gcse revision Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I haven't done anything because . . . teachers set so much homework (which is all revision) so is that counted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Of course! Now is when I am starting too...
    Really just get stuck in...
    Log off TSR and revise...try and get C1 over with this week...plus maybe a lighter subject?
    Thanks I'll probably finish C1 and sociological research methods. Where are you up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questions27168)
    Is it bad that I haven't done anything because . . . teachers set so much homework (which is all revision) so is that counted?
    I don't think so if its really helping consolidate your learning but I'm the complete opposite I literally don't do any of the homework and just revise instead.. not that thats the best idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    It's just a shame that you're not a natural genius
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    bump.. no one rally said how far they'd gotten with revision

(Original post by LunaTy)
    Thanks I'll probably finish C1 and sociological research methods. Where are you up to?
    Did P2 and B3 papers today, then I've got Piano rehearsal and French Listening...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so if its really helping consolidate your learning but I'm the complete opposite I literally don't do any of the homework and just revise instead.. not that thats the best idea
    That's good if you have effective self discipline Wish I could do that but the school seems to think noone can revise independently and thus they make us stay behind for compulsory 'revision' sessions (that last 2 hours), it is useful because we get exam questions to do that are marked with us and we really learn how to approach a question buut . . . it doesn't feel like revision to me Idk im weird because it's guided?

ReputationRep:
    That's good if you have effective self discipline Wish I could do that but the school seems to think noone can revise independently and thus they make us stay behind for compulsory 'revision' sessions (that last 2 hours), it is useful because we get exam questions to do that are marked with us and we really learn how to approach a question buut . . . it doesn't feel like revision to me Idk im weird because it's guided?
    aw you're really lucky my school does none of that they haven't even started up any revision sessions! sounds like your school really cares about your grades

ReputationRep:
    Finish biology, chemistry, physics, maths and RE revision and have 5 more subjects to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    aw you're really lucky my school does none of that they haven't even started up any revision sessions! sounds like your school really cares about your grades
    Yup I even have to come in in the holidays for a maths 'coaching session' and I was offered to go to an art one but art I can easily do at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Finish biology, chemistry, physics, maths and RE revision and have 5 more subjects to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Finished*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Finished*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow thats really good! when did you start and how are you going to remember it all?

ReputationRep:
    Yup I even have to come in in the holidays for a maths 'coaching session' and I was offered to go to an art one but art I can easily do at home
    wow thats actually pretty cool! do you go to a private school?

ReputationRep:
    wow thats actually pretty cool! do you go to a private school?
    Nope a normal state school ^-^ So other schools don't offer coaching? Wow I never used to believe the teachers when they said we are lucky, I just thought it was normal.

ReputationRep:
    wow thats really good! when did you start and how are you going to remember it all?
    Haha I started before Christmas and because I revised for my mocks it made it a lot easier to revise everything. I have after school sessions which I attend so I don't forget the stuff I have learned. So far so good and hopefully I'll get 9A*s and 1A haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you all finding that school is giving us so much homework? I have no time for revision and its gone 7pm by the time I finish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoeN2)
    Are you all finding that school is giving us so much homework? I have no time for revision and its gone 7pm by the time I finish
    Yeah and also tests! I tend not to do them I kind of just speak to my year head and he understands and says I don't have to do it.

ReputationRep:
    haven't started yet

ReputationRep:
    Nope a normal state school ^-^ So other schools don't offer coaching? Wow I never used to believe the teachers when they said we are lucky, I just thought it was normal.
    I think schools offer coaching but not so early on in the year so you really are lucky

ReputationRep:
    are you worried?
    (Original post by surina16)
    haven't started yet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.