Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yr 11 where are you with gcse revision Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Haha I started before Christmas and because I revised for my mocks it made it a lot easier to revise everything. I have after school sessions which I attend so I don't forget the stuff I have learned. So far so good and hopefully I'll get 9A*s and 1A haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    good luck! you must be really smart.
    Do you use any particular resources to help you get such high grades or are you another natural genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LunaTy)
    are you worried?
    not yet, just because most of the people I know haven't started either tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    You really need to start revision right now. How do you revise? I use GoConqr, so you can use my resources from there if you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    You really need to start revision right now. How do you revise? I use GoConqr, so you can use my resources from there if you like.
    Thank you! Where can I find your resources? I have an account but I'm really unfamiliar with the site and don't know how to use it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Where can I find your resources? I have an account but I'm really unfamiliar with the site and don't know how to use it
    I'm working on my resources now. Here is one that I use:
    https://www.goconqr.com/en-GB/p/4248...stions-quizzes

ReputationRep:
    good luck! you must be really smart.
    Do you use any particular resources to help you get such high grades or are you another natural genius
    Hahaha the thing with me is I just understand stuff really quickly and I am really good at memorising facts etc so its much easier for me. I only use revision guides and sometimes textbooks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    I'm working on my resources now. Here is one that I use:
    https://www.goconqr.com/en-GB/p/4248...stions-quizzes
    thank you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questions27168)
    That's good if you have effective self discipline Wish I could do that but the school seems to think noone can revise independently and thus they make us stay behind for compulsory 'revision' sessions (that last 2 hours), it is useful because we get exam questions to do that are marked with us and we really learn how to approach a question buut . . . it doesn't feel like revision to me Idk im weird because it's guided?
    Same. My school calls the sessions 'twilights'...

ReputationRep:
    thank you !
    No problem, feel free to use them as you wish!

ReputationRep:
    Currently according to my revision time table I'm at the point where I contemplate the origins of life for a few hours instead of doing my English lit essay, closely followed by me crawling into the fetal position and crying for a few hours and then maybe binge watch the entirety of the walking dead again.. so currently right on track...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wheatly)
    Currently according to my revision time table I'm at the point where I contemplate the origins of life for a few hours instead of doing my English lit essay, closely followed by me crawling into the fetal position and crying for a few hours and then maybe binge watch the entirety of the walking dead again.. so currently right on track...
    Don't forget commenting on The 'Student' Room, which is supposed to help us with our studies.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like 98% of students on tsr got straight A*/A and a lot of them say they started revision in april :?
    Ikr, I swear everyone on TSR says they are incredibly intelligent, getting all A*s at GCSE or being targeted that, but I'm really not sure if that's all true hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Ikr, I swear everyone on TSR says they are incredibly intelligent, getting all A*s at GCSE or being targeted that, but I'm really not sure if that's all true hmmm...
    Hahaha yh people lie to make themselves feel better

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll start today....not

ReputationRep:
    yeah I haven't started yet

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 and I started to revise for our GCSEs about 2 weeks ago. I'm basically trying to finish all of the sciences off as my school are going really slow and in between i'm doing past papers for maths, revision for sociology and RS and im making flash cards for geography etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wheatly)
    walking dead is amazing it just came back again today/yesterday and the episode is amazing, probably the most action -packed and suprisng one of all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahlondon)
    Same. My school calls the sessions 'twilights'...
    That's so strange, are they at twilight?

ReputationRep:
    well guys I'm off to do some C1 revision my goal is to completely finish C1 this week

ReputationRep:
    All I can suggest is that you make sure that you can answer exam questions. Go over them, time yourself, and if you don't know the material go over it! I revise with flashcards then time myself doing questions and I'm getting A*s and As in my subjects.

Just remember - PRACTICE QUESTIONS!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.