The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

The KCL UCL Rivalry - jokes about UCL?

As I'm aware, the KCL UCL rivalry is pretty darn strong. I'll be at KCL in September, so I want to be prepared for the slew of uni-related insults my UCL counterparts will no doubt throw my way.

UCL brand us as Stand Polytechnic idiots (wow original, it's not like KCL was also granted university status in the 1830s or anything) and diss our inferior league table rankings. But what do we KCL students have on them?

I'm not talking about minor things like our average postgrad salary being £1000 higher, or our graduate employment percentage being marginally better. I'm talking about any jokey comebacks to the UCL insults that you know of.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against UCL, I know it's great and better than KCL in some ways. But that doesn't bother me as they don't even do my course, and KCL's War Studies department (my dept) is awesome.

Nevertheless, I'm curious as to whether UCL has anything to mock xD
Godless scum of Gower Street is a thing. I'm hoping to go to UCL next (academic) year, with KCL as my insurance choice
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Laurasaur
Godless scum of Gower Street is a thing. I'm hoping to go to UCL next (academic) year, with KCL as my insurance choice

Annoyingly I side with the godless, but good to know ahaha

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest