Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Severe Depression & Anxiety Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently on my Second and Final Year (FdA) of my Degree, I have around fifteen weeks left and I'm not sure I can finish it - but it feels so silly to leave now.I have suffered from Depression & Anxiety for the past five years, and over the past two years, it has become a lot worse. I have been receiving counselling and I am also on anti-depressants and beta-blockers to help with this.

Over the past few weeks, my depression has been getting a lot worse because of the pressure of the course, I am currently in quite a lead role of my course as we are trying to run a work-life scenario where we run real jobs through real clients. The pressure of this has become too much and making me feel worthless, useless and I feel like my life is pointless. I no longer want to be a lead role in the group, but I'm not sure my tutor will let me back down.

I feel terrible and will not be attending my course this week, but I don't know how to ring in sick with such a problem - nobody ever takes it seriously.

We also have to do a presentation in front of fifteen people in ten weeks and this is giving me severe anxiety, when I think about it I have an anxiety attack. I'm not sure what to do about this (I know I won't be able to do it). I could do it in front of my tutor but not this many people.

Has anyone had any experience with depression? Is there anything I can do?I'm so lost, I feel at such an end with everything and don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbehartley)
    I am currently on my Second and Final Year (FdA) of my Degree, I have around fifteen weeks left and I'm not sure I can finish it - but it feels so silly to leave now.I have suffered from Depression & Anxiety for the past five years, and over the past two years, it has become a lot worse. I have been receiving counselling and I am also on anti-depressants and beta-blockers to help with this.

Over the past few weeks, my depression has been getting a lot worse because of the pressure of the course, I am currently in quite a lead role of my course as we are trying to run a work-life scenario where we run real jobs through real clients. The pressure of this has become too much and making me feel worthless, useless and I feel like my life is pointless. I no longer want to be a lead role in the group, but I'm not sure my tutor will let me back down.

I feel terrible and will not be attending my course this week, but I don't know how to ring in sick with such a problem - nobody ever takes it seriously.

We also have to do a presentation in front of fifteen people in ten weeks and this is giving me severe anxiety, when I think about it I have an anxiety attack. I'm not sure what to do about this (I know I won't be able to do it). I could do it in front of my tutor but not this many people.

Has anyone had any experience with depression? Is there anything I can do?I'm so lost, I feel at such an end with everything and don't know what to do.
    Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through this right now, does your Uni know about your mh problems? If not I would strongly advise letting them know and also speaking to your Uni's mental health services, they'll be better advising you not the way to go. As for your treatment, if you don't feel that the method you are using right now isn't effective, don't be afraid to let your doctor or counsellor know so they can find the right method for you, hope you're ok op, pm me if you need to talk !

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.