The Student Room Group

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ♡ ♡
image.jpeg
There you go buddy 😎😁

Congrats, you've just said that infertile women are not women. As women who have gone through the menopause don't produce eggs, they must not be female to you either, right?
Yuk
Original post by Dinasaurus
No if you believe in god then you are the one who is deluded.

not that im super-religious or anything

but are you saying that god made man (as in MALES) with the intention of him giving birth from his own body?
Original post by KungPooPanda
not that im super-religious or anything

but are you saying that god made man (as in MALES) with the intention of him giving birth from his own body?

My comment implied I do not believe in god. But the few points to respond to are:
1. God didn't make anything.
2. Trans women aren't men anymore
3. Although nature did happen to make it so those born biologically male cannot have children, it is a great success of humanity that we've overcome nature itself.

Although I do not believe in a god, if there is ever to be anything close to a god, it will be man itself.

Why must we play by the rules of nature?
This is quite nice tbh +1
My comment implied I do not believe in god. But the few points to respond to are:
1. God didn't make anything.
2. Trans women aren't men anymore
3. Although nature did happen to make it so those born biologically male cannot have children, it is a great success of humanity that we've overcome nature itself.

Although I do not believe in a god, if there is ever to be anything close to a god, it will be man itself.

Why must we play by the rules of nature?

1 - fair enough, if thats your viewpoint then i get what you meant originally

2 - i guess that's debatable, in my eyes personally, if the doctors have to go out of their way to do something to you because you are incapable of having a child because you were BORN a man, and do not have the facilities to make a child because nature has dictated so, then your a man, i'd never be the one to protest that a 'trans' woman should be treated like a normal woman, because to me, PERSONALLY, thats disgusting

3 - again, i understand your point, and i agree with it on many levels, my only problem (and also my non-problem) with this way of thinking is that it opens the door to wayyyy too many different discussions about playing by natures rules and what 'should' and 'shouldnt' be allowed, or done or whatever, and you say it's humanity's success (i agree, some of the things we can do are simply 'amazing), others would also say that its humanity's mis-take to constantly try and outmaneuver nature, but as i said, this way of thinking opens the door to whole heap of discussions

With all that being said, you only live once, so hey, take advantage of whats on offer while its there
Is nobody thinking about the effects on the children? This is all great and stuff for the trans people, but how do we know their children will be born healthy and do those children not have the right to be born to a biological woman? It saddens me that children are effectively being used for the experiments:sad:
Original post by KungPooPanda
1 - fair enough, if thats your viewpoint then i get what you meant originally

2 - i guess that's debatable, in my eyes personally, if the doctors have to go out of their way to do something to you because you are incapable of having a child because you were BORN a man, and do not have the facilities to make a child because nature has dictated so, then your a man, i'd never be the one to protest that a 'trans' woman should be treated like a normal woman, because to me, PERSONALLY, thats disgusting

3 - again, i understand your point, and i agree with it on many levels, my only problem (and also my non-problem) with this way of thinking is that it opens the door to wayyyy too many different discussions about playing by natures rules and what 'should' and 'shouldnt' be allowed, or done or whatever, and you say it's humanity's success (i agree, some of the things we can do are simply 'amazing), others would also say that its humanity's mis-take to constantly try and outmaneuver nature, but as i said, this way of thinking opens the door to whole heap of discussions

With all that being said, you only live once, so hey, take advantage of whats on offer while its there

Yes good point, I mean as long as it is safe and we know it won't affect the new 'mother' or the child I don't see why not. Like personally I'm not really for the idea of designer babies, as in using our current knowledge of biotechnology to enhance the child but then I think it's fine to cure them of a genetic defect, but the problem is where do we draw the line.

It's just that this doesn't seem to be too out there yet. I mean I'm fine with trans women having children, doesn't mean I'd want to be having children with them but I don't want to stop them doing their own thing either,
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Is nobody thinking about the effects on the children? This is all great and stuff for the trans people, but how do we know their children will be born healthy and do those children not have the right to be born to a biological woman? It saddens me that children are effectively being used for the experiments:sad:

I don't think it matters if a child is born through a biological Mother or not. I do agree they should see if it would produce healthy babies or not, that is a good point to consider.
Reply 129
These are artificial women I don't know any man that wants to get with them I mean who wants to have kids with them
Original post by loveleest
I don't think it matters if a child is born through a biological Mother or not. I do agree they should see if it would produce healthy babies or not, that is a good point to consider.

It might not matter to you, but, as far as I know, every single child on this earth so far has been born through a biological mother. These children will not have had that, so that sets them apart from every other child in history and they just might be a bit bothered by that and might wish they had a, err, 'real' mum, if I can say that. They don't even get the choice. They've had that human feature/fact/ of life taken away from them. I think it's just selfish for people to not care about that.
Original post by littlenorthernlass

Hmm, not sure about 'the right to be born to a biological woman', in theory, if you take a newborn who is going to be with a single dad because mum died giving birth, in reality, does it make a shred of difference who physically gave birth to the baby? That being said, maybe one day, some child/teen/adult will make the successful and 'logical' argument as to why they had 'the right' to have a 'real woman' as their birthmother

I definitely agree on the front about will the child be born healthy though

Yes good point, I mean as long as it is safe and we know it won't affect the new 'mother' or the child I don't see why not. Like personally I'm not really for the idea of designer babies, as in using our current knowledge of biotechnology to enhance the child but then I think it's fine to cure them of a genetic defect, but the problem is where do we draw the line.

It's just that this doesn't seem to be too out there yet. I mean I'm fine with trans women having children, doesn't mean I'd want to be having children with them but I don't want to stop them doing their own thing either,

Yeh thats normally the issue isn't it, where exactly do you draw the line. I mean, i guess if you asked me, i would rather have a child born of a clean and healthy transgender than a dirty crackhead who's only right to have a child is simply 'being a woman', and i guess that in conversations where you are discussing children, ULTIMATELY, what 'should' matter more than 'anything', is the well-being of that child.

I guess what bothers me the most about these types of things are simply 'so whats going to be next', it wont be long before you can literally 'order' what type of baby you want to have lol, and before you know it, 5 years after giving birth, mothers will be filing lawsuits against doctors who promised a blonde baby but only 'delivered' a brunette one

The world is Cray
No if you believe in god then you are the one who is deluded.

Absolute rekt nice one Naruto watcher *shows athiest ninjitsu hand sign* XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Unkempt_One
Absolute rekt nice one Naruto watcher *shows athiest ninjitsu hand sign*

*tips fedora and strokes neckbeard*
Original post by al_94
These are artificial women I don't know any man that wants to get with them I mean who wants to have kids with them

An awful lot of men date, percectly happily, Trans people.
Reply 135
omg GIGI GORGEOUS BABIES ARE COMing :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wait... what about their eggs? will it be their DNA? will it be their eggs? whaaaa?
Original post by z33
omg GIGI GORGEOUS BABIES ARE COMing :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wait... what about their eggs? will it be their DNA? will it be their eggs? whaaaa?

Pardon me but I think you hit your head on the door frame.
Reply 137
Original post by Unkempt_One
Pardon me but I think you hit your head on the door frame.

ah that explains the dizzy feeling - gimme a minute to recompose myself :redface:
I think this is amazing but I'm not sure about it. I think reproduction should be restricted by biological instructions and that isn't because I'm tansphobic - I'm clearly not - but I think that this will result in more tragedies than it will good things. Changing your gender is one thing, and of course sex reassignment is fine and all that jazz but one of the basic things about reproduction is the mixing of and presence of the x and y chromosomes... how would reproduction from couples of same biological sex work without intervention? I'm not sure about it. It seems like it could cause more harm than good but if that can be definitively proven to be wrong then I have no qualms.

This sort of thing shouldn't be hated because you're prejudiced. You can be opposed for valid reasons or should just be quiet, really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cherryred90s
They should create a way in which infertile women can conceive naturally. IVF is obviously not the same as feeling baby's movements as they grow inside you.

But apart from the fertilization part, which is done artificially outside of the body, the embryos do grow inside mothers who undergo IVF. The most the embryos will be allowed to grow before being returned to the body is 6 days, at which point they're hardly capable of movement, so the mother wouldn't be missing much.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/IVF/Pages/How-is-it-performed.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending