Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own... Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    They should create a way in which infertile women can conceive naturally. IVF is obviously not the same as feeling baby's movements as they grow inside you.
    But apart from the fertilization part, which is done artificially outside of the body, the embryos do grow inside mothers who undergo IVF. The most the embryos will be allowed to grow before being returned to the body is 6 days, at which point they're hardly capable of movement, so the mother wouldn't be missing much.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/IVF/Pag...performed.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I dislike the idea as I think it goes against God's creation. However, it isn't my decision to make and I dont know the struggles of being a transgender woman.

ReputationRep:
    No words to explain how wrong this is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    An awful lot of men date, percectly happily, Trans people.
    A lot come on there is barely any of them and most men want real women just go and ask your friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♡ ♡ ♡)
    The fact that you would be referred to as a man is a stupid decision made by society. You can call yourself what you want love, doesn't mean it's true.
    I'm struggling to figure out what stance you're on here. If society makes apparently stupid decisions by referring to someone as a man or a woman (and in your view they shouldn't be), and I'm not allowed to call myself what I want as it isn't true, then who makes the decision as to what gender you are? If contradicting yourself is necessary to get your point across then maybe your point is fairly flawed and transparent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    A lot come on there is barely any of them and most men want real women just go and ask your friends
    A lot won't admit it because of attitudes like yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    I'm struggling to figure out what stance you're on here. If society makes apparently stupid decisions by referring to someone as a man or a woman (and in your view they shouldn't be), and I'm not allowed to call myself what I want as it isn't true, then who makes the decision as to what gender you are? If contradicting yourself is necessary to get your point across then maybe your point is fairly flawed and transparent.
    Your comment suggested you weren't a male, that's why i said them calling you a man was stupid. It wasn't a term which is stupid in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    They should create a way in which infertile women can conceive naturally. IVF is obviously not the same as feeling baby's movements as they grow inside you.
    In IVF, a few-days-old fertilised egg is implanted into a woman's uterus. She is then pregnant, and carries the baby normally. It is exactly like feeling baby's movements as it grows inside you.

Incidentally, I was a test-tube baby myself, which is probably why I know this in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean I don't want a trans women if they want it that's their choice but all I'm saying is most men don''t want that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Not sure whether your desperately trying to be argumentative or whether you thought this looked alot smarter than it did, but it was abit silly for me to take. How can you honestly compare a situation where a fully grown man in his 40's decides he wants to be a woman, to a woman that is born as a woman? and ask 'who' decides what gender you are?

NATURE decides what gender you are, simple as, the decision to go AGAINST nature's choice and change yourself is YOUR personal choice, fine. I completely agree with what he said, society's decision to call someone a woman when they were a man 12 months before that time is ridiculous.

It's like telling someone who is a fatty that they are just big-boned because your desperately trying to avoid telling them the TRUTH of the matter, NO, your not big-boned - your fat, it is what it is.A year ago you were a man, spouting a full penis, deep-ass voice, adams apple, and a biological system that NATURALLY doesn't allow you to have a child, the LOT. Just because the doctor cut off your penis and folded in your **** skin and called it a Vagina, doesn't make you a 'woman.

The decision to refer to trans people as their new gender is 'stupid' in my opinion too, its typical 'political-correctness', you know, where you are only allowed to say what is on paper, what is apparent 'fact', and where you basically ignore the norms of society and what has been accepted and known for years and argue it with 'but this says this, so it must be this'. The same kind of political correctness that essentially encourages people NOT to say what they are really thinking and to just 'go with the flow'

I have no problem with transgender people, but i hate political correctness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    Are you 12.
    Mummy, why is there a ghost outside my window? :puppyeyes:
    Mummy, why is there bad in the world? :puppyeyes:
    The second question is actually quite valid, given the all-knowing, all-perfect loving creator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    The second question is actually quite valid, given the all-knowing, all-perfect loving creator.
    Oh no, don't do this brudda.

There is bad in the world because the free will that was devolved to human beings was wasted on poor choices and lacking morals. Obviously. And that then calls for the purpose of gods or God: to admit them to Heaven or paradise, Nirvana, etc...or send them to Hell or suffering. Same way your parents punish you for being bad basically. Or treat you for being good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    What do you mean I don't want a trans women if they want it that's their choice but all I'm saying is most men don''t want that
    You aren't "most men".

ReputationRep:
    your either a woman, or your chatting the most shitake mushrooms

you really think the reason that more straight and normal men aren't with transgender women is because of people's attitudes towards transgenders LOL

normally, im all about concrete proof, but for a claim like this, i wouldnt even try and bring up any kind of real statistics, i dont know any, i dont even need to know any to know that most men, want normal women, that were born women and had their reproductive organs, as-well as their biological set-up, most men do NOT want women that have a story that begins with 'i was a born a male'

and im pretty sure that go's the other way too, i doubt that the average woman out there is on the lookout for a woman who has recently been trying to grow their penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KungPooPanda)
    your either a woman, or your chatting the most shitake mushrooms

you really think the reason that more straight and normal men aren't with transgender women is because of people's attitudes towards transgenders LOL

normally, im all about concrete proof, but for a claim like this, i wouldnt even try and bring up any kind of real statistics, i dont know any, i dont even need to know any to know that most men, want normal women, that were born women and had their reproductive organs, as-well as their biological set-up, most men do NOT want women that have a story that begins with 'i was a born a male'

and im pretty sure that go's the other way too, i doubt that the average woman out there is on the lookout for a woman who has recently been trying to grow their penis
    I'm a man. Why would that attitude makw me a woman? Idiot. That isn't even what I said in the first place so yeah, not even going to bother readin the rest of your little rant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    But apart from the fertilization part, which is done artificially outside of the body, the embryos do grow inside mothers who undergo IVF. The most the embryos will be allowed to grow before being returned to the body is 6 days, at which point they're hardly capable of movement, so the mother wouldn't be missing much.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/IVF/Pag...performed.aspx
    I don't know why I was thinking of surrogacy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    In IVF, a few-days-old fertilised egg is implanted into a woman's uterus. She is then pregnant, and carries the baby normally. It is exactly like feeling baby's movements as it grows inside you.

Incidentally, I was a test-tube baby myself, which is probably why I know this in the first place.
    Yeah, I was thinking of surrogacy for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    Oh no, don't do this brudda.

There is bad in the world because the free will that was devolved to human beings was wasted on poor choices and lacking morals. Obviously. And that then calls for the purpose of gods or God: to admit them to Heaven or paradise, Nirvana, etc...or send them to Hell or suffering. Same way your parents punish you for being bad basically. Or treat you for being good.
    But God knew that humanity will fail from the moment he created us. He knew precisely who would be sent to heaven and who would be sent to hell.

And even so, "throwing" someone to hell, even if s/he is the worst piece of crap that has existed, is brutal - again, considering the all-loving, all-knowing creator.

I honestly wonder why anyone would want to follow such a creator...

[Please don't get emotional ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    But God knew that humanity will fail from the moment he created us. He knew precisely who would be sent to heaven and who would be sent to hell.

And even so, "throwing" someone to hell, even if s/he is the worst piece of crap that has existed, is brutal - again, considering the all-loving, all-knowing creator.

I honestly wonder why anyone would want to follow such a creator...

[Please don't get emotional ]
    Never got emotional, stop projecting bwoy :yy:
    Anyway, how do you know what God knew? :lolwut:
    lol I provided a rather simple foolproof example of doing bad and what happens. I guess being punished by your parents for daw, I dunno, smoking, makes your parents the same thing you accuse God of being. To which I say you need Jesus. :top:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a man. Why would that attitude makw me a woman? Idiot. That isn't even what I said in the first place so yeah, not even going to bother readin the rest of your little rant.
    Except i read the ridiculousness you were trying to sprout, its right up there ^^

Most men want real women, but you dont agree to that do you? no, You think that the reason that we are not aware of how many men would be okay with trans-genders is because of the poster's 'attitude'

Its, Simply, ridiculous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.