Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you girls/women feel about this? Watch

So you knew each other for 5 years... you're extremely compatible and have great chemistry. You slept together, you turned down dozens of guys to go to Prom with him and, according to your best friend, you can't stop talking about him.

How would you feel if he suddenly disappeared from your life without saying anything and was actively avoiding you. He also blocked you on Facebook and your phone number.

You saw him in the summer but he was avoiding you and wouldn't show up at places he knew you'd be.

How would you feel?

ReputationRep:
    Hurt.. and its clear he does not want you in his life. Don't waste your time on what could have been - your time and energy is too precious for that. Instead, invest in yourself x

ReputationRep:
    I would think that I did something wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So you knew each other for 5 years... you're extremely compatible and have great chemistry. You slept together, you turned down dozens of guys to go to Prom with him and, according to your best friend, you can't stop talking about him.

How would you feel if he suddenly disappeared from your life without saying anything and was actively avoiding you. He also blocked you on Facebook and your phone number.

You saw him in the summer but he was avoiding you and wouldn't show up at places he knew you'd be.

How would you feel?
    Apart from the "extremely compatible" and "great chemistry" part, it seems a bit one-sided. I would feel quite hurt and at least want an explanation. 5 years is quite a bit of time to know each other for someone to just write you off like that. Can you talk to anyone who knows him? A friend? Have them help you figure things out? x

ReputationRep:
    I'd either feel betrayed and emotionally destroyed, or I'd be like wtf and move on.

I don't really know which one of the two because I've never been in a scenario as such. I'm not the most emotional person, but I suppose that can change if I were in a relationship as such?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's horrible.

I know I'm not a woman, but if this was to happen to me I'd be broken inside because it would open my mind up and show me I've put 100% into something that wasn't worth it. You're obviously better than that, just do things you enjoy, make yourself happy and surround yourself with those whom will help you do so.

ReputationRep:
    It's parr for the course in the horrible dog eat dog world of dating..

I loved him so much... we just couldn't have a relationship because of the distance. I was hoping we'd stay in contact until we got closer because then it might happen, but he disappeared.

No one has heard from him. He normally would have been over here this summer, but he went somewhere else so I didn't see him.

Last summer I tried to make eye contact with him and smile, but he looked away. I've seen him looking at me a lot though...

ReputationRep:
    I would be upset but trying to look at it from his point of view, he maybe has decided he doesn't want to be in a relationship but has no idea how to tell you so he took the 'easy' route and started ignoring you. Probably nothing you've done wrong!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.