Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got an offer from medical school, but want to go to a different uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    The UCL website says that some preference will be given to students with contrasting A-level subjects, so it is possible that this would count against you next year in any case.

ReputationRep:
    1. If you pass this up then look at your motives. UoM is an amazing uni.
    2. Manchester isn't riddled with crime. I'm from Manchester and i can walk by myself feeling safe 24/7. The people are so kind and the city is so open minded and unique. But you seem to know better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzyyyyxo)
    I'm not boasting about my offer, I'm asking a genuine question. I'm not the type to boast- if I was, surely it would just be easier to post a thread entitled: "YAY GOT AN OFFER SUCK IT ALL YOU OTHER LOSERS WHO HAVENT GOT ONE hahaha I'm amazing", right?
    If you couldn't see yourself studying at Manchester, why apply there?

You could've made a thread title with that, but it wouldn't get as much attention as it'd be deleted fairly soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMS2015)
    The UCL website says that some preference will be given to students with contrasting A-level subjects, so it is possible that this would count against you next year in any case.
    That's a very good point, thanks for bringing that to my attention

(Original post by shhc97)
    1. If you pass this up then look at your motives. UoM is an amazing uni.
    2. Manchester isn't riddled with crime. I'm from Manchester and i can walk by myself feeling safe 24/7. The people are so kind and the city is so open minded and unique. But you seem to know better.
    Yeah, I'm always wary of completely believing everything negative that I see on the internet, so wanted to get some more positive views of Manchester. Glad to hear it's a nice city. I think I really need to go down and see what it's like for myself

(Original post by raconner)
    If you couldn't see yourself studying at Manchester, why apply there?

You could've made a thread title with that, but it wouldn't get as much attention as it'd be deleted fairly soon.
    I applied to my strengths. I picked Manchester because their admission criteria gave me the highest chance of getting an interview from them.
    Why are you so determined to prove that I'm "boasting"?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I applied to my strengths. I picked Manchester because their admission criteria gave me the highest chance of getting an interview from them.
    A sensible way to apply. Just ignore them criticising you - you've posted in the correct place and over the years I've seen lots and lots of posts from people questioning their choices after applying, and yours is in no way the most boastful I've seen...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not determined to prove anything, it just seemed like a really silly question.

Wish you best in whatever you decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    A sensible way to apply. Just ignore them criticising you - you've posted in the correct place and over the years I've seen lots and lots of posts from people questioning their choices after applying, and yours is in no way the most boastful I've seen...
    Thanks, glad I'm not coming across as boastful and entitled

(Original post by raconner)
    I'm not determined to prove anything, it just seemed like a really silly question.

Wish you best in whatever you decide
    Probably is, but couldn't think of what else to do other than post it. Sometimes the silly questions have to be asked

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you really don't want to go why don't you reject it and let someone else who's got four rejections get a place on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.