Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Alias])
    no my mum & dad and surprisingly my aunt & uncle are going through costly divorces at the minute.
    If you explain the situation Im sure theyd be more than happy to lend you the money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    can't you move somewhere with cheaper rent? or get some kind of housing benefit? go into a house share?
    I dont even have money to pay this rent, so how could I affored a deposit/first months rent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    If you explain the situation Im sure theyd be more than happy to lend you the money
    I have tried, its a no-go area. They say I am old enough to learn my mistakes

ReputationRep:
    I dont even have money to pay this rent, so how could I affored a deposit/first months rent?
    is there any way you could borrow a months rent? I know you said that parents are going through costly divorce, but could you borrow just a little?

ReputationRep:
    I have tried, its a no-go area. They say I am old enough to learn my mistakes
    So if you tell them that you dont have enough money to even feed yourself they wont lend you any?

ReputationRep:
    The bank wont let me have any loans/cards/overdrafts b/c of my debt. I'm crying so much because I dont know what to do anymore. I didnt spend this money! I didnt buy clothes and fancy things for myself. I can't afford food, I cant afford clothes. I cant even afford to buy my little sister a birthday present. People are so stupid they would drive someone to want to kill themselves over lack of money.
    Go to the citizens advice bureau www.nacab.org.uk to find out your local branch. If you go in and see them they have people who will advise you on what you can do and even help you arrange it all. If you take your finacial info in with you then they will be able to offer solutions to this problem. Dont let it get you down though... any problem can be overcome by perseverance.

The chances are that they will sort out some sort of minimum repayment arrangement with the relevant organisations to reduce your outgoings untill you are able to pay things off.

Alternativly by fileing bankrupt you would discharge all debts and not have to owe anything, however future credit can be a bit of a problem but its better than drowning in debt and misery.

Keep your head up, nothings worth getting upset over in the bigger picture. Just try the above and hopefully things will work out, Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Go to the citizens advice bureau www.nacab.org.uk to find out your local branch. If you go in and see them they have people who will advise you on what you can do and even help you arrange it all. If you take your finacial info in with you then they will be able to offer solutions to this problem. Dont let it get you down though... any problem can be overcome by perseverance.

The chances are that they will sort out some sort of minimum repayment arrangement with the relevant organisations to reduce your outgoings untill you are able to pay things off.

Alternativly by fileing bankrupt you would discharge all debts and not have to owe anything, however future credit can be a bit of a problem but its better than drowning in debt and misery.

Keep your head up, nothings worth getting upset over in the bigger picture. Just try the above and hopefully things will work out, Good luck
    thanks, I may pop in and see them tomorrow.Im sure they will be able to try and help me but I wont expect miracles. I have a lot of financial problems. I also know for a fact that I will lose my job if I file for bankrupcy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    So if you tell them that you dont have enough money to even feed yourself they wont lend you any?
    no they are quite posh and if they had a choice they would welcome the excuse to disown me

ReputationRep:
    thanks, I may pop in and see them tomorrow.Im sure they will be able to try and help me but I wont expect miracles. I have a lot of financial problems. I also know for a fact that I will lose my job if I file for bankrupcy
    What about a consolidation loan?

ReputationRep:
    no they are quite posh and if they had a choice they would welcome the excuse to disown me
    i havent been reading but doesn't your boyfriend have a reasonable income?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    What about a consolidation loan?
    no equity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa003)
    i havent been reading but doesn't your boyfriend have a reasonable income?
    yeah he gets about £25,000 a year but that is his hard earned money. I would feel awful for taking it and plus I owe him about £500 already that I cant afford to pay back (I spent it on bills)

ReputationRep:
    yeah he gets about £25,000 a year but that is his hard earned money. I would feel awful for taking it and plus I owe him about £500 already that I cant afford to pay back (I spent it on bills)
    but 25,000 is quite a bit? i'm sure he wont mind helping you out a bit, since hes your bf?

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry, but if he loves you, he should be prepared to chip in: YOU GUYS ARE A TEAM REMEMBER

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry, but if he loves you, he should be prepared to chip in: YOU GUYS ARE A TEAM REMEMBER
    I wish I could give you guys reps. You're so sweet. He has offered but there is no way he could really help me pay that much back. I would rather anything than take his money. He is after all only a bf and not entirely committed to me.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could give you guys reps. You're so sweet. He has offered but there is no way he could really help me pay that much back. I would rather anything than take his money. He is after all only a bf and not entirely committed to me.
    forget about rep, it doesn't mean anything to me

to be honest i'm not really sure the best possible solution is as i live at home with my parents, but what i can say is that, there is always hope, and that things can be cured/overcome .... i just wish the best for you and for you to get out of these debts

ReputationRep:
    forget about rep, it doesn't mean anything to me

to be honest i'm not really sure the best possible solution is as i live at home with my parents, but what i can say is that, there is always hope, and that things can be cured/overcome .... i just wish the best for you and for you to get out of these debts
    thanks, I feel better for talking to you guys but I still dont really feel that confident.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, I feel better for talking to you guys but I still dont really feel that confident.
    what is your salary?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll find a great way to pay him back!

ReputationRep:
    what is your salary?
    About about £7,000 and I work my ass off 40 hours a week. There is no justice

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.