Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I would like to ask about my applying for student finance during my second year at uni. In my first year I applied as a migrant worker, because at the time I was only in the country for 2 years hence a normal loan was unavailable to me. Since I've now been in the country for 3 years I'm trying to figure out whether I can now apply as a UK student in my 2nd year at uni?

In addition, as a migrant worker I am required to show evidence that I am working part time during my studies. My course ends on the 8th of may and after this I would like to leave my job and visit my home country for an extended holiday, how would I go about this in regards to being a migrant worker? To phrase the question differently, what is the last payslip student finance will request and hence when can I leave my job without forfeiting my student finance?

Any help welcome, thanks to all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBeInspire)
    Hello,

I would like to ask about my applying for student finance during my second year at uni. In my first year I applied as a migrant worker, because at the time I was only in the country for 2 years hence a normal loan was unavailable to me. Since I've now been in the country for 3 years I'm trying to figure out whether I can now apply as a UK student in my 2nd year at uni?

In addition, as a migrant worker I am required to show evidence that I am working part time during my studies. My course ends on the 8th of may and after this I would like to leave my job and visit my home country for an extended holiday, how would I go about this in regards to being a migrant worker? To phrase the question differently, what is the last payslip student finance will request and hence when can I leave my job without forfeiting my student finance?

Any help welcome, thanks to all.
    It has to be 3 years from the date your course started, the 3 years can't start part way through the course. Consequently if you wanted to still recieve the maintainance loan/grant in your 2nd year you would need to have a job to recieve it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.