Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you have to ask where you stand with someone.... Watch

Announcements

(Original post by ellej93)
    I think it is always best to ask. This is because we don't know what is really going on one's mind.
    Ahh I'm so confused. I read through an old post from last year when I was seeing my ex. I actually had the guts to call him and ask where I stood. He thought he liked me more than I liked him and we didn't really do coupley things. After that I remember writing him a letter and then onwards I made sure he knew how I felt. All I have to do was ask...

I'm just starting to go crazy thinking the new guy was just trying to use be for sex or he's bored of me. All I have to do is ask...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If peeps are having a hard time getting a read on you then 'be less spectrum' e.g. loosen up, filter less, flirt more, and get (legally) tipsy if it helps

(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    So long as you ask him face-to-face otherwise you'll end up in one of those annoying whinny whatsapp arguments :yawn:
    Fair to say that more than one girl has made that mistake with me. For the love of God, ladies, do not do this! :rolleyes:

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Always trust your instincts
    Bookmarked! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    If peeps are having a hard time getting a read on you then 'be less spectrum' e.g. loosen up, filter less, flirt more, and get (legally) tipsy if it helps

Fair to say that more than one girl has made that mistake with me. For the love of God, ladies, do not do this! :rolleyes:

Bookmarked! :borat:
    For what?

Well guys I've been friendzone. I decided to message him to see where I stand and he said he thinks we won't be anything more than friends So gutted!!! Such as life I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you have to ask where you stand with someone, does it mean deep down you already know the answer?

I'm in a sticky situation where I don't know where I stand with someone. I feel like I already know the answer, however I'm uncertain. This has happened to me before I thought my ex had lost interest when we first started dating, I found out that he thought I had no interest in him because of my actions. When I caught on I made sure he knew how I felt about him. I can't tell if the same applies with this new guy and I guess I won't know until I ask him (if I do).

yes, yes it does.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well guys I've been friendzone. I decided to message him to see where I stand and he said he thinks we won't be anything more than friends So gutted!!! Such as life I guess

Actually I think I'm gonna be okay. He asked if I want him to give me space,but I said I didn't mind either way. So i guess we are staying friends :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.