Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i took history for two weeks at national five but hated it so changed to a different subject. im now entering sixth year and planning to study law at uni and history seems like a good subject to help me out with law, plus as the older ive gotten my interest in it has grown. would crash higher history be hard? ive been told there is specific techniques to answering essay questions and the style of writing in history differs to the style in english - therefore taking higher history may muddle me up with my advanced higher English course. does anyone have any reccomendations on how to prepare myself for this crash higher with no prior knowledge and tips so I won't mix the essay writing styles with adv. English? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Get a tutor, or check if regular supported study is available at your school.

Did you do N4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    Get a tutor, or check if regular supported study is available at your school.

Did you do N4?

It was a compulsory subject from first-year to third but it didn't include any exam level stuff, if you decided to take it in fourth you were automatically put through to national five

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. There is some source question structures you use at N5 for higher, but they're really straight forward and I'm sure your teacher will give you the appropriate notes. For my school we did the wars of independence at N5 for the Scottish unit and also we do that in my school for higher. Your school might be the same, but the teacher should go over it again in depth if that's the case and it shouldn't be too hard. You may as well give it a go, i don't find it very difficult but obviously you have to like history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.