Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vegan Snacks? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good vegan snack ideas? I've recently decided to go vegan and while kept of my diet consists of fruit and veg it would be cool to see if there are any good snacks available without animal products

ReputationRep:
    Nuts.

Nakd bars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Does anyone have any good vegan snack ideas? I've recently decided to govegan and while kept of my diet consists of fruit and veg it would be cool to see if there are any good snacks available without animal products
    it seems you have joined the dark side...

ReputationRep:
    Good for you.

Trust me once you go vegan your life will never be the same again- in a good way

Give this a read: http://www.peta.org/living/food/maki...k-easy-snacks/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Join the dark side, we have (vegan) cookies!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good vegan snack ideas? I've recently decided to govegan and while kept of my diet consists of fruit and veg it would be cool to see if there are any good snacks available without animal products
    I can't help there I'm afraid :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Good for you.

Trust me once you go vegan you life will change forever- in a good way.

You could try;
    • Make Festive Salsa or Texas Caviar and serve it with corn tortilla chips.
    • Zap a veggie burger in the microwave. Put it on a bun with your favorite condiments and toppings.
    • Vending-machine connoisseurs can munch on an array of options, such as Lance Toasty Crackers With Peanut Butter, Nabisco Oreo Thin Crisps, Cracker Jacks, or Chocolove Dark Chocolate bar.
    • Cut up veggies such as carrots, celery, and cucumbers and dip them into hummus or Annie’s Goddess Dressing.
    • For a sweet afternoon treat, try our Caramel Apples.
    • Make an easy pasta salad by mixing cooked spiral pasta with chopped broccoli, carrots, green pepper, corn, red onion, and your favorite vinaigrette.
    • Snacks are essential for any big game. Serve Spicy Chili-Bean Dip with Fritos.
    • Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans are loaded with healthy plant protein and fiber and have zero cholesterol or saturated fat. They are hearty and have a sweet, tangy taste. Microwave them straight from the can, and enjoy on toast, plain, or with sliced veggie hot dogs

ReputationRep:
    Good for you.

Trust me once you go vegan your life will be happier and healthier.

You could make a festive salsa or texas caviar and serve it with corn tortila chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    The dark side is any side you are on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I can't help there I'm afraid :sadnod:
    It's ok mo' vegan mo' problems

ReputationRep:
    umm, air and water are pretty decent.

haha, as a vegetarian, Idk about vegan,

My diet has tons of veggie, fruit, AND nuts. I have an Asian diet, so a lot of my snack food also contains stuff from a South asian variety. What kind of snack foods were you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    Nakd bars, trek bars, bear yo yos and Eat real quinoa crisps are my favourite vegan snacks! Look at the free from sections in shops, not all the food there will be vegan but they will have a good selection
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's ok mo' vegan mo' problems
    I know someone who bakes some tasty vegan gingerbread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    umm, air and water are pretty decent.

haha, as a vegetarian, Idk about vegan,

My diet has tons of veggie, fruit, AND nuts. I have an Asian diet, so a lot of my snack food also contains stuff from a South asian variety. What kind of snack foods were you thinking of?
    Aw, I'm allergic to air jk lol, thanks! Really anything, I'm just curious to hear what kind of things vegans prefer to eat, a lot of the snacks can be a bit gross and I was surprised to find out how many products I ate were in some way animal based

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I know someone who bakes some tasty vegan gingerbread
    Maybe I can make my own! Although I am a terrible cook lol

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I'm allergic to air jk lol, thanks! Really anything, I'm just curious to hear what kind of things vegans prefer to eat, a lot of the snacks can be a bit gross and I was surprised to find out how many products I ate were in some way animal based
    One thing I did when I was craving ice cream, and wanted to lose weight, was freeze grapes. TRUST ME!
    Wash a bunch of green grapes, (red works, but ive always used green), and dry them/rub all that pesticide and shit3 off.
    AND FREEZE! it tastes SO SO SO GOOD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    One thing I did when I was craving ice cream, and wanted to lose weight, was freeze grapes. TRUST ME!
    Wash a bunch of green grapes, (red works, but ive always used green), and dry them/rub all that pesticide and shit3 off.
    AND FREEZE! it tastes SO SO SO GOOD!
    I just bought grapes! I am honestly trying this right now! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just bought grapes! I am honestly trying this right now! Thanks
    No worries. If you have any questions, let me know.

I also had the occasional spoon of peanut butter. Just lick it off the spoon like a dog hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I love hummus and carrot sticks/celery or marinating cherry tomatoes with balsamic and having it on toast - so good.
    Halva is a vegan sesame snack, you can usually find it in the Israeli/kosher section of Waitrose/Tesco and Swedish Glacé non-dairy ice cream is so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barely)
    I love hummus and carrot sticks/celery or marinating cherry tomatoes with balsamic and having it on toast - so good.
    Halva is a vegan sesame snack, you can usually find it in the Israeli/kosher section of Waitrose/Tesco and Swedish Glacé non-dairy ice cream is so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I'll have a look for the ice cream

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.