Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only type with 2 fingers, my 2 middle fingers. Am i in the minority that i cant type with more than 2 (actually the right finger does most of the typing) ive never been taught how to type.

ReputationRep:
    Most people tend to type with their fingers.

ReputationRep:
    I use 4 and 4, and use my thumbs (whichever is closer) on the spacebar
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I use most. Much quicker and easier for me. I guess I'm just used to it after using computers for more than a decade.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mistyblue~)
    I only type with 2 fingers, my 2 middle fingers. Am i in the minority that i cant type with more than 2 (actually the right finger does most of the typing) ive never been taught how to type.
    I don't have any statistics but that's probably not the most efficient way of typing.

(Original post by Student403)
    I use 4 and 4, and use my thumbs (whichever is closer) on the spacebar
    I think that's the normal way to do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I don't have any statistics but that's probably not the most efficient way of typing.

Great!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Think it depends on age and the amount of computer usage - I'm not a touch typist, but as someone who spends loads of time on a computer I tend most of my fingers - others only one finger on each hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)

I didnt know there was a normal way never thought about it till now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I didnt know there was a normal way never thought about it till now.
    Well if you do want to be a more efficient typer (which is definitely worth doing if you do anything on a regular basis that involves typing, i.e. most people) then I'd suggest you google something along the lines of "how to touch-type" and there will probably be plenty of websites that offer guides.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, these days everyone seems to be typing with either their toes or elbows :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I mostly use all of them, but my right pinky gets used the least.

ReputationRep:
    I started typing this to try and discover which fingers I used and I can now confirm that on my left hand I use my first finger on the keys and my pinky on the shift key for typing "I". On my right hand I use my thumb for the space bar and my first and fourth finger to type any other letters.

I hope this was informative and useful to you.

ReputationRep:
    If it's getting the job done who cares? It's not weird typing with your middle fingers.

ReputationRep:
    i normally just use all my fingers, although I do occasionally head butt the keyboard while working on particularly infuriating essays.

ReputationRep:
    I use all of my fingers, except my pinky finger on both hands. Not sure what the 'proper' way is to type.

ReputationRep:
    I use all fingers, thumb on spacebar
    i use one hand when eating - my left

2 fingers is slow as ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    i normally just use all my fingers, although I do occasionally head butt the keyboard while working on particularly infuriating essays.
    ahaha too true (don't know whether to laugh or cry)

ReputationRep:
    I usually type with my right hand using all fingers and my left hand only using the index finger. I haven't noticed this until now, but I find it interesting. With this method, I can type an average of 80 words per minute.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.