Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Grime Fans piss me off Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I remember listening to Roll Deep when im ere, Chipmunk muhammed ali back in the days
    that was harrrd remember bashy kidulthood to adulthood.

but nowadays all these kids all they heard is fukin stormzy and thats not me and they wear this

ReputationRep:
    Grime teenager clothes;

Adidas tracksuit
    Full black or white Nike Air Max
    A small messenger bag for storing tobacco/weed

ReputationRep:
    Stormzy has rehashed a classic Grime track and put some graft in on Twitter, the fans who weren't around the first time have bought into it because they hadn't heard the beat before.

Stormzy's popularity is funny. It's even stranger than when Wretch 32 managed to go mainstream. Probably stranger than Dan too.

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate, not our fault we weren't listening to channel AKA back in the day.

(Original post by Mayhem™)
    Grime teenager clothes;Adidas tracksuitFull black or white Nike Air MaxA small messenger bag for storing tobacco/weed
    Maybe you live in a different area, but where I live, grime teenager clothing is literally everything. Grime is the mainstream music for a lot of people my age.

ReputationRep:
    banteeeeeeeer

ReputationRep:
    It's either Stormzy and Skepta, or Shut Up and That's Not Me.

Don't mix artist name with song name, its's not right, it should be illegal.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Obviously I'm joking, but I agree, these 11 year old kids that think they're all big because they know the main lyrics to a couple mainstream grime songs is pretty damn annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Grime teenager clothes;

Adidas tracksuit
    Full black or white Nike Air Max
    A small messenger bag for storing tobacco/weed
    That is just a description of an average Mancunian

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, something's got very popular recently, how terrible for you how will you cope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Oh no, something's got very popular recently, how terrible for you how will you cope
    Everyone in this thread is retarded.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they're acting like they're Lord of the place, fam you're not even Lord of your yard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Yeah they're acting like they're Lord of the place, fam you're not even Lord of your yard
    There's a place involved here? I swear grime was a genre of music last I heard, not a place at all.

ReputationRep:
    its not that, i like songs from my native country nowadays, but before i remember the only people that listened to grime were kids who grew up in estates like mine, it was a cultural thing, you show this to the average grime fan nowadays 7 years ago and they'd think that it was full of scummy kids, london estates, i've grown up and don't listen to it no more because i cant relate it too it much anymore, but kids who listen to it thinking they can relate and thinking they are baaad is just a no no when they are middle class and have names like arnold loooooool

ReputationRep:
    There's a place involved here? I swear grime was a genre of music last I heard, not a place at all.
    What are you talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuraf)
    its not that, i like songs from my native country nowadays, but before i remember the only people that listened to grime were kids who grew up in estates like mine, it was a cultural thing, london estates, i've grown up and don't listen to it no more because i cant relate it too it much anymore, but kids who listen to it thinking they can relate and thinking they are baaad is just a no no, fake fake fake.
    Gentrification boys, middle class boys take over! It's drill time fam! Squaddddd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuraf)
    I remember listening to Roll Deep when im ere, Chipmunk muhammed ali back in the days
    that was harrrd remember bashy kidulthood to adulthood.

but nowadays all these kids all they heard is fukin stormzy and thats not me and they wear this

One kid told me Wiley is ****?? All they know is stormzy and chip and claim they've been listening to grime since before it went mainstream

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    That is just a description of an average Mancunian
    You've missed hot rocks and baked bean stains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemuelc14)
    One kid told me Wiley is ****?? All they know is stormzy and chip and claim they've been listening to grime since before it went mainstream

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like chipmunk but I remember when he was Chipmunk, remember Defeat you ft N Dubz ooooooh looooord

wiley is the fukin king

ReputationRep:
    puureeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuraf)
    I like chipmunk but I remember when he was Chipmunk, remember Defeat you ft N Dubz ooooooh looooord

wiley is the fukin king

Skepta Jme and Meridian on sidewinder sets were mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemuelc14)
    Skepta Jme and Meridian on sidewinder sets were mad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i've never heard those, i best go check upp.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.