Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your son wore makeup and bought a £140 cologne... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How would you feel?

This is the situation I'm in. My parents had a go at me on Skype when I told them and they expressed their disappointment in me.

Am I being spoilt?

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantGainWeight)
    How would you feel?

This is the situation I'm in. My parents had a go at me on Skype when I told them and they expressed their disappointment in me.

Am I being a spoilt ******?
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much £140 is to them; in my circumstance it would be a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Depends how much £140 is to them; in my circumstance it would be a waste of money.
    Probably a lot. My parents were immigrants so they started out real poor but they're financially conservative so they're alright now.

It was Creed though. I fell in love with the smell and had to get it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care about the cologne as long as it wasn't my money being spent on it. I would not be thrilled about the make up wearing though to be completely honest.

Why are you wearing makeup and what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Which Creed was it?

I've got Green Irish Tweed and Aventus and used to have Silver Mountain Water. All great scents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Which Creed was it?

I've got Green Irish Tweed and Aventus and used to have Silver Mountain Water. All great scents.
    Creed Vetiver. I smelled all of the Creed colognes in John Lewis a few times and nothing came close to that one for me. Smells so fresh. I sprayed it on once, and I could smell it the next morning.

ReputationRep:
    Men are not meant to wear make up

ReputationRep:
    well... how much do you spend usually
    cos splurging on a good cologne to wear on occasions isn't bad at all tbh
    we've all splurged on something

wearing makeup is fine man wth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    really???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    They can wear whatever they want...

ReputationRep:
    Creed Vetiver. I smelled all of the Creed colognes in John Lewis a few times and nothing came close to that one for me. Smells so fresh. I sprayed it on once, and I could smell it the next morning.
    Is that Original Vetiver?

Yeah I've had a sample of that as well. It's good. However I didn't go to a full bottle, as I've got one and three-quarters bottles worth of Mugler Cologne left, which is quite similar to OV. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a good cologne but need it to be something distinct to what I already have in my collection.

I love that kind of scent though. Neroli Portofino is another in that kind of genre, and also Gendarme.

ReputationRep:
    How would you feel?

you answered your own question there

ReputationRep:
    Is that Original Vetiver?

Yeah I've had a sample of that as well. It's good. However I didn't go to a full bottle, as I've got one and three-quarters bottles worth of Mugler Cologne left, which is quite similar to OV. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a good cologne but need it to be something distinct to what I already have in my collection.

I love that kind of scent though. Neroli Portofino is another in that kind of genre, and also Gendarme.
    Yeah. Everything else I smelled had a dull smell to it. Vetiver just came out instantly and for as long as I had it on, it smelled good. Looking back, it does seem a bit excessive to drop £140 on a perfume by using your student loan to pay for it. Lol

ReputationRep:
    How would you feel?

I'd slap him with my purse.

ReputationRep:
    $140 is like $50 now a days anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Everything else I smelled had a dull smell to it. Vetiver just came out instantly and for as long as I had it on, it smelled good. Looking back, it does seem a bit excessive to drop £140 on a perfume by using your student loan to pay for it. Lol
    Ha well, if you want to preserve it by keeping it for special occasions, you can probably buy 100ml of Mugler Cologne for like £26-30 and can use that as a go to scent and conserve your precious bottle of OV.

There are a few subtle differences in the scent, discussed here:

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.co.uk/201...logne-and.html

Also picking out this quote, for people reading this thinking "OP spent £140 what for lol"

until this point, I'd always thought of Original Vetiver as being the greatest green perfume ever crafted. Whenever I wore OV, women would literally swoon. I wore it to work last year (I work at a school), and a teacher's assistant in the next classroom walked by, stopped dead in her tracks, and flat-out broke down on the scent. She had to know exactly what I was wearing. She then waved another female co-worker over to smell me. The second girl said "that's you? I was wondering what smelled so good!" Any time she saw me, she smiled and pulled the air over to her, saying "Mr. Smells-Good, gimme somma that goodness!" Dramatic? Maybe. But it was honest, and it was a clear signal that what I was wearing was working. Despite my penchant for fragrance, that doesn't happen very often.

As if this wasn't enough, I wore OV to a family barbeque that summer, and the woman whom I'm now dating smelled it on me. Months later, she asked me, "what was that stuff you had on at the barbeque? It was sex in a bottle." That pretty much sealed the deal - Original Vetiver was my Paradisi Parfum.

ReputationRep:
    really???

Yes, as it goes against masculinity

ReputationRep:
    Ha well, if you want to preserve it by keeping it for special occasions, you can probably buy 100ml of Mugler Cologne for like £26-30 and can use that as a go to scent and conserve your precious bottle of OV.

There are a few subtle differences in the scent, discussed here:

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.co.uk/201...logne-and.html

Also picking out this quote, for people reading this thinking "OP spent £140 what for lol"
    I'll go through the OV as soon as I can really, I paid a few bob for it so might as well use it. Not like it's going to go out of stock soon, so if I need more, I'll just buy it again. Depending on how this goes, might try another Creed product. Parents would probably kill me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.