Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can straight men wear make up? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think not, as wearing make up is anti masculine.

Men are not to be pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I think not, as wearing make up is anti masculine.

Men are not to be pretty
    just because you're a 3 x 10^-27 / 10 , doesn't mean we all have to be

ReputationRep:
    They can - doesn't mean they should.

ReputationRep:
    It's a free country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    just because you're a 3 x 10^-27 / 10 , doesn't mean we all have to be

No man can be handsome or good looking but not pretty or beautiful.
    And my looks have nothing to do with this

ReputationRep:
    Yes, nothing wrong with it, the only thing 'stopping' you is social stigmas which is stupid, it used to be illegal for women in France to wear trousers lol, times change!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can and should be able to wear make up

ReputationRep:
    No man can be handsome or good looking but not pretty or beautiful.
    And my looks have nothing to do with this
    I do not get this. So women should be ?

ReputationRep:
    honestly I can't understand why any straight man would want to wear heavy makeup but yeah theoretically they could I guess

ReputationRep:
    Any TV presenter is wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    men can wear surma/pure kohl in their eyes, it looks nice imo

ReputationRep:
    Makeup isn't anti-masculine. Who says makeup is for homosexual men? who says homosexual men aren't masculine? Makeup can be worn for a number of different reasons. If a man wants to perfect his features or correct certain parts of his face what stops him from remaining purely attracted the females?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I do not get this. So women should be ?

Women can be pretty and beautiful but not handsome

ReputationRep:
    Masculinity can vary. It's subjective. Boo, if a guy wants to wear a touch of concealer to cover up some blemishes that's perfectly okay. If he wanna bring out that fine af jawline with some bronzer or something, that is fine.
    A guy's masculinity is not defined by something on his face. The calvin klein models ya'll see aint gonna look like that w/o makeup. Or the actors. It's a stereotype.
    And maybe a guy wants to use that stereotype. Cause if he may be a transgender. he can wear whatever the hell he wants. It's a matter of expressing one's identity.
    A woman's femininity does not depend on her makeup either.
    It's about boosting confidence and/or accentuating their best features :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    guys we can wear it because of
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feminism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebxnyxo)
    Makeup isn't anti-masculine. Who says makeup is for homosexual men? who says homosexual men aren't masculine? Makeup can be worn for a number of different reasons. If a man wants to perfect his features or correct certain parts of his face what stops him from remaining purely attracted the females?

I have never said anything about homosexuals.
    But the fact is, most women would rather their bf or husbands be make up free

ReputationRep:
    Every actor wears make-up. I don't understand. If you mean heavily then yeah it looks a little weird but if that's their choice then let them be. Why should it not be okay?

ReputationRep:
    Here's the thing. Anyone can be ANYTHING if they want to be. A woman can be handsome. A man can be beautiful. And there are so many men and women I would describe using these words.

I think you're forgetting that these words are mere adjectives that we used to express our opinions. Things that stop you from describing them like this is social stigma. You need to realize there is no fixed way for a person to be.

If you cant pass this barrier put into place by society, all I can say is that you are close-minded.

ReputationRep:
    They can. If somebody is physically able to do something, then they can do it. Your opinion is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    I have never said anything about homosexuals.
    But the fact is, most women would rather their bf or husbands be make up free
    Okay, its just that I perceived the title of the thread to be question why some homosexuals can wear makeup but whether straight men can/can't.

And that's purely because you don't see men advertising makeup brands. If it were so, most women would be fine with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.