Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can straight men wear make up? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I have never said anything about homosexuals.
    But the fact is, most women would rather their bf or husbands be make up free
    I'm pretty confident that my generation would rather have their bfs and husbands to wear make up. I've heard make overs are v fun.

Seriously though, younger people are so accepting nowadays that no one really cares. Like, what's the point judging someone on their looks? Only jealous and mean people do that..

ReputationRep:
    Lol if your masculinity is so fragile that a tad of blush and gloss can break it. Be pretty boys, be pretty.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    you'll have a shock when you go to east asian countries like japan or south korea, men there wear subtle make up, theres big brands dedicated to men makeup there like bb cream, which is essentially concealer to give a smoother complexion. its great if youre insecure about acne scarring, men or women tbh. guys in entertainment wear them too so why not the ordinary men? doesnt affect anyone.

ReputationRep:

sorry can't hear you over the sound of all the ladies (and guys too) screaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edosawr)
    I'm pretty confident that my generation would rather have their bfs and husbands to wear make up. I've heard make overs are v fun.

Seriously though, younger people are so accepting nowadays that no one really cares. Like, what's the point judging someone on their looks? Only jealous and mean people do that..

Women want men to be men, you know men that carry traditional values and looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Here's the thing. Anyone can be ANYTHING if they want to be. A woman can be handsome. A man can be beautiful. And there are so many men and women I would describe using these words.

I think you're forgetting that these words are mere adjectives that we used to express our opinions. Things that stop you from describing them like this is social stigma. You need to realize there is no fixed way for a person to be.

If you cant pass this barrier put into place by society, all I can say is that you are close-minded.

I am actually pretty open minded about a lot of issue and subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    They can. If somebody is physically able to do something, then they can do it. Your opinion is irrelevant.

My opinion is shared by the majority of the public.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what type of "makeup". A little blush and concealer to cover up blemishes and dark spots make that person wearing it look photoshoot and perfect.
    But a man wearing full on lipstick, eye liner, mascara, and blush? The men who do that are 90% are gay, and act very lady like.

Can men can wear full makeup? Sure! Are people going to label them gay? Yes, indeedy! Most stereotypical and feminine gay men wear full on makeup. Its rare for a man to wear full on makeup and not be gay.

ReputationRep:
    They can if they want, male actors do when they act, musicians sometimes do to cover blemishes and bruises

ReputationRep:
    If you say so :gthumb:.

ReputationRep:
    no it's illegal
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I wear eye liner does that count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebxnyxo)
    Makeup isn't anti-masculine. Who says makeup is for homosexual men? who says homosexual men aren't masculine? Makeup can be worn for a number of different reasons. If a man wants to perfect his features or correct certain parts of his face what stops him from remaining purely attracted the females?
    wtf??? nobody has so far

ReputationRep:
    No, it causes them to melt like the wicked witch of the east.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is shared by the majority of the public.
    That doesn't make it relevant to a man's physically ability to put stuff on his face. What, y'all are gonna make it punishable by law or something?

smh

ReputationRep:
    No man can be handsome or good looking but not pretty or beautiful.
    And my looks have nothing to do with this
    Why do you not think that make-up can be used to make one look more handsome/masculine? It sure can and is.

For example I use make-up to make my eyebrows look thicker and darker (and thereby more masculine).
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A tutorial on how straight men can wear makeup.
    Step 1: Be a male
    Step 2: Apply makeup
    Thank you for reading my tutorial.

ReputationRep:
    Are you implying as soon as a man wears make up he must enjoy another man's penis?

Because if so that is probably one of the most ill conceived things you have ever said.

ReputationRep:
    I've never laughed so hard.

ReputationRep:
    on halloween, sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.