Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Always wanted to do one of these threads but couldn't find a good topic till now! Ask away...

I might be a bit late in answering so I apologise in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Always wanted to do one of these threads but couldn't find a good topic till now! Ask away...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What "branch"?
    Mahayana, Theravada........ etc.?

ReputationRep:
    how come? what evidence is there of buddhism's 'realness'?

ReputationRep:
    Have you read the Petha stories? :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why didn't you post this in the Chat forum? 'AMA' threads are hardly constructive or warrant a genuine/serious discussion in forums outside of Chat.

Considering you've been here since 2012, you should know better than to make a mockery of the other forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Why didn't you post this in the Chat forum? 'AMA' threads are hardly constructive or warrant a genuine/serious discussion in forums outside of Chat.

Considering you've been here since 2012, you should know better than to make a mockery of the other forums.
    totally agree ... very disrespectful ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)

Oh I'm sorry, I genuinely didn't know that! I didn't really think that, since it was about my religion. Also I wasn't trying to mock the forum :/ Is there a way to move it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh I'm sorry, I genuinely didn't know that! I didn't really think that, since it was about my religion. Also I wasn't trying to mock the forum :/ Is there a way to move it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can choose 'Report post' in the top right corner, and select 'Posting help' and then 'Thread Move' - you can then leave a comment in the text box requesting to have it moved to the appropriate forum.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Make a mockery of the other forums? Lol, a mod will move it. Don't get why people need to fuss so much.
    Why did you become a buddhist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookBird)
    Make a mockery of the other forums? Lol, a mod will move it. Don't get why people need to fuss so much.
    Why did you become a buddhist?
    Thank you

Well, I was born into a Buddhist family really and I have no interest in converting religions because I prefer Buddhism out of all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    What "branch"?
    Mahayana, Theravada........ etc.?
    Theravada

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    how come? what evidence is there of buddhism's 'realness'?
    Well it's all down to faith really. I won't be able to prove if buddhism is real as you say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your country of origin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Have you read the Petha stories? :lol:
    I will look this up later because I don't know if I read them. Not really sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    What's your country of origin?
    Sri Lanka

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it's all down to faith really. I won't be able to prove if buddhism is real as you say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah but why buddhism and not another religion (or none)? how do you pick a religion without evidence being the deciding factor? 'eenie meenie miney mo'?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you read Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse?

ReputationRep:
    I will look this up later because I don't know if I read them. Not really sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's basically a bunch of funny stories, it's of Theravada buddhism. There's one story about a spirit, I won't say anymore and spoil the story. I know of them from my dad who is Atheist Buddhist(Theravada), but we're Indian.

ReputationRep:
    r u white

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a Buddhist, where is a place I can go for more information??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.