Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this post may seem pretty randon but i need some help as my printer won't work without a certified xp logo lexmark driver... and I haven't got it on my cd coz its old, so I need to buy one but I'd rather get it off someone if possible as I think it mite be quite expensive? This driver needs to be a lexmark x74/75 printer driver compatible with xp and certified!
    Any help will be appreciated!
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried getting the driver from their website? I can see it there.

http://www.lexmark.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_becky)
    Sorry this post may seem pretty randon but i need some help as my printer won't work without a certified xp logo lexmark driver... and I haven't got it on my cd coz its old, so I need to buy one but I'd rather get it off someone if possible as I think it mite be quite expensive? This driver needs to be a lexmark x74/75 printer driver compatible with xp and certified!
    Any help will be appreciated!
    Cheers
    Don;t worry to much if its certified or not, try that Lexmark site, if that dosn't work try the Windows 2000/NT drivers for your printer.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for ur replies well ive tried tht site, downloaded the driver correspondin my printer but it still wont work... the same error appears...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_becky)
    thanks for ur replies well ive tried tht site, downloaded the driver correspondin my printer but it still wont work... the same error appears...
    Whats the error? What drivers did you install? What operating system do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Did you un-install it completely before downloading and installing the new driver? How are you connecting the printer to your computer? Have you restarted your computer yet?

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded the lexmark x74/75 driver (dats the 1 i need) for windows xp the o.s. i use and i did uninstall my previous driver... the cables r connected properly, the printer is switched on, its a allinone printer i.e fax and scanner, both seem to work except the printer.. and this error says that I need a certified xp lexmark x74/75 driver in order to complete my installation successfully.. therefore none of my documents will print as there's no proper connection yet...

ReputationRep:
    oh yea n i forgot to mention tht ive restarted my comp several times, checked if all da cables r connected properly etc etc... but it still wont work i need dat driver!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.