anyone got a lexmark printer? Watch

This discussion is closed.
lil_becky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Sorry this post may seem pretty randon but i need some help as my printer won't work without a certified xp logo lexmark driver... and I haven't got it on my cd coz its old, so I need to buy one but I'd rather get it off someone if possible as I think it mite be quite expensive? This driver needs to be a lexmark x74/75 printer driver compatible with xp and certified!
Any help will be appreciated!
Cheers
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have you tried getting the driver from their website? I can see it there.

http://www.lexmark.co.uk/
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil_becky)
Sorry this post may seem pretty randon but i need some help as my printer won't work without a certified xp logo lexmark driver... and I haven't got it on my cd coz its old, so I need to buy one but I'd rather get it off someone if possible as I think it mite be quite expensive? This driver needs to be a lexmark x74/75 printer driver compatible with xp and certified!
Any help will be appreciated!
Cheers
Don;t worry to much if its certified or not, try that Lexmark site, if that dosn't work try the Windows 2000/NT drivers for your printer.
lil_becky
Rep:
?
thanks for ur replies well ive tried tht site, downloaded the driver correspondin my printer but it still wont work... the same error appears...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil_becky)
thanks for ur replies well ive tried tht site, downloaded the driver correspondin my printer but it still wont work... the same error appears...
Whats the error? What drivers did you install? What operating system do you have?
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did you un-install it completely before downloading and installing the new driver? How are you connecting the printer to your computer? Have you restarted your computer yet?
lil_becky
Rep:
?
I downloaded the lexmark x74/75 driver (dats the 1 i need) for windows xp the o.s. i use and i did uninstall my previous driver... the cables r connected properly, the printer is switched on, its a allinone printer i.e fax and scanner, both seem to work except the printer.. and this error says that I need a certified xp lexmark x74/75 driver in order to complete my installation successfully.. therefore none of my documents will print as there's no proper connection yet...
lil_becky
Rep:
?
oh yea n i forgot to mention tht ive restarted my comp several times, checked if all da cables r connected properly etc etc... but it still wont work i need dat driver!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (635)
91.1%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.9%

Watched Threads