Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I don't know about anyone else here, but for the money we have to pay I think university is a complete rip off. At least at mine...

Nothing works, internet is always breaking.. services that I try and use are incompetent (even the complaints service!). And no one at the university seems to care at all. I have tried to sort out various problems that I have had to be met with rudeness, victim blaming, etc etc.

I am dealing with a bunch of bad spirited and often incompetent people. Makes me sick.. and then to add insult to injury there will be tens of thousands of pounds to pay back, and three years of my life I could have spent doing something else.

I am so sickened by it all.

ReputationRep:
    All you can do is try to make the best of the tuition you are accruing debt for. Ideally the future benefits will far outweigh the negative feelings you have about the experience now.

Is there a specific department or senior officer that you can discuss your issues with face-to-face? It may lead to swifter resolution.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hope that the benefits will outweigh the costs.. but this is killing me. I have no choice but to stick it out but I'm so upset I'm in this position. I've tried and tried to talk to people and this that and the other and keep getting met with a wall. They just don't care, there is a campus wide problem in how things get run (or not run more accurately), seems like the whole culture of the place. They just don't care, I feel like I'm in some kind of day prison.. that I'M paying for. EDIT: And these barriers have already caused my grades to suffer.. that is the part which upsets me the most.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.