Is anyone doing ba hons in health and social care or early childhood studies

Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just want to know more about the courses

Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Glam_Girl_93)
Just want to know more about the courses

Hi Glam_Girl_93,

Is there anything specific about these courses that you would like to know or just a general overview?

Both of these courses are quite different, with Health and Social Care being based at our city site, while Childhood Studies is based at our Clifton campus.They also share none of the same modules.

Health and Social Care focuses on well-being, or the state of being or doing well in life. It looks at topics like being happy and healthy and the moral and physical welfare of a person, a family, a neighbourhood or community.

In first year, some of the core modules you may be looking at are; working with people, foundations to health and social care, social policy, and human growth and development. You will also, at the end of first year, be able to specialise in any of these areas:
- Criminal Justice
- Guidance and Counselling
- Policy and Leadership
- Health and Well-being
As you would be on our city site, you will be typically based in the Chaucer building, although some of your lectures/seminars may be based in the Newton/Arkwright buildings.

Childhood Studies focuses on the holistic development, education and experiences of children and young adults from 0 - 12 years. You will also undertake two work experience sessions.

In first year, some of the modules you may be looking at are; becoming an active learner, communicating with children and families, early learning in context and diversity and inclusion. As you will be on our Clifton campus, you will be mainly based in our Ada Byron King and Lionel Robbins buildings.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions please let me know!



Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (124)
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (113)
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)

Watched Threads

View All