Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Term-time holiday Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    So basically, I am going on holiday to America in March and I will be missing 3 days from school, and my school counted it as an unauthorized absence ( I already asked my school) and I am going to miss 3 days because I am going to go to my cousin's wedding and also I am going because my grandma is very ill and I would like to spend more time with her. I havent seen my grandma for three years and I am currently in year 10 and I wanted to ask what's the chances that my parents will be fined for me to go on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    Hello ? anyone

ReputationRep:
    If you state that your grandma is ill, it could be classed as a family emergency.. That = no fine i think, that happend to me anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish--)
    Hello everyone!
    So basically, I am going on holiday to America in March and I will be missing 3 days from school, and my school counted it as an unauthorized absence ( I already asked my school) and I am going to miss 3 days because I am going to go to my cousin's wedding and also I am going because my grandma is very ill and I would like to spend more time with her. I havent seen my grandma for three years and I am currently in year 10 and I wanted to ask what's the chances that my parents will be fined for me to go on holiday?
    Fines are given out at the discretion of the school. Some schools choose to fine a lot, some don't. We can't really help you on this one. You're better off explaining to them the reasons you are going and see if they will let it pass this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jad3s3yh4030)
    If you state that your grandma is ill, it could be classed as a family emergency.. That = no fine i think, that happend to me anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait so did you get a fine first?
    But then did you explain it to them after
    because I just realized i didn't write a reason in the letter so should i like that a picture of me with my grandma or something because my grandma's sitting in a wheelchair I think that will be clear enough to see that she's ill so i can use that picture in case i need it like after if i get a fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliemogs)
    Fines are given out at the discretion of the school. Some schools choose to fine a lot, some don't. We can't really help you on this one. You're better off explaining to them the reasons you are going and see if they will let it pass this time.

My attendance has been like 100% this year and last year it was above 96% so if they look at attendance isn't my attendance good enough? like 100% and im only taking three days off for the whole school year? coz im pretty sure im not missing a day school for the rest of the year?

ReputationRep:
    It's just up to your school. I'd imagine most places would see you have 100% attendance and understand about your family situation and so agree to the trip, however, some won't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.