Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend has an interview coming up for studying costume design and she's getting abit stressed out about what they might ask her. Just wondering if anyone can give any insight into what questions they might ask and what she can prepare for?

Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jebbadiah)
    My friend has an interview coming up for studying costume design and she's getting abit stressed out about what they might ask her. Just wondering if anyone can give any insight into what questions they might ask and what she can prepare for?

Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi jebbadiah,

Please tell your friend not to panic! I don't know if she knows this, but we have interview/portfolio advice specifically for the Costume Design course, which I'll link below:

Interview/Portfolio Advice

My personal advice to her is that it is more important that she shows a passion and enthusiasm about studying Costume design. Tell her to make sure she knows the course she is applying for, and the portfolio she is doing, inside out. This will help her to show her passion for the subject, and help with her confidence. She will also find that she doesn't need to think very much about what the answers to the questions are!

The interviewers will know that there is a chance this could be her first ever interview and that she will be nervous, they are not going to try and catch her out by asking difficult questions! If she is asked a question that she needs to think about/doesn't know the answer, tell her that she doesn't have to answer straight away, have a little think (and she can ask for them to repeat the question!)

Please wish her good luck from me, and I hope it goes well for her!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Ellen.

I'll pass on the info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.