Having muh 2nd amendmunt rights to bear weapons
    :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    I can only hope I've got his genes
    If you do then you're in luck
    Hmm you sound like you look like Richard Ayoade :teehee:
    :rofl: Well I'm not particularly dark, I don't have curly hair and I don't wear glasses

(Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    The feeling of handing in an assignment
    This. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Are you a senior member of TSR?
    Oh yes.

I know about wrinkles and poor eyesight.

I've just looked at "What is your indulgence" thread and indulgence is a thing of the past for me. Everything I do from sleeping in to eating too much and spending all day doing maths is free. What is indulgence to an old, myopic wrinkly? Nothing. Yippee.

Youth is not wasted on the young. It's a time for introspection until freedom arrives.

(Original post by maggiehodgson)
    Oh yes.

I've just looked at "What is your indulgence" thread and indulgence is a thing of the past for me. Everything I do from sleeping in to eating too much and spending all day doing maths is free. What is indulgence to an old, myopic wrinkly? Nothing. Yippee.

Youth is not wasted on the young. It's a time for introspection until freedom arrives.
    So technically being old = being free?

But even then you can't do all things you want because of your physical health :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Being able to practice my religion anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    When I walk out the exam hall after my final exam. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    So technically being old = being free?

But even then you can't do all things you want because of your physical health :sad:
    Don't you believe it.

I play squash, badminton and do 20 lengths of the pool a week. I have a 3yr old grandson and we have a great time together on the swings and the slides. We walk along fallen tree trunks and low walls - can't wait for him to grow so we can try bigger ones. (When you get old you don't give a monkey's about rules or what others might think of you)

Monovision contact lenses sort out the eyesight and wrinkles are laughter lines. Being 18/19/20 was fun at the time, no mistake. But freedom? No.

Ruled by peer pressure and rules of conformity. Perhaps it's different these days but I doubt it.

Be you, be free,

(Original post by Fiduciam)
    When I walk out the exam hall after my final exam. :woo:
    Lol that feels free, but I'm the type of person who'll do nothing but stress about my result afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Lol that feels free, but I'm the type of person who'll do nothing but stress about my result afterwards
    Yeah igy, I usually think I could've done better and should have revised more etc but then I'm like no point now, I can't change anything so just enjoy the moment lmao

(until my next set of exams that is :cry:)

ReputationRep:
    One of the most freeing experiences so far was gaining a level of privacy and independence from family: When I left my parents' home to go to university, I was living in a self-contained flat in university halls (with private bathroom, kitchen etc), and when I first shut the door to that little flat behind me knowing that no one would know where I was and what I was doing unless I told them, that was the best feeling in the world... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Being alone to think, feel and act however I like.

ReputationRep:
    taking your bra off after a long day

ReputationRep:
    No one is free in the west we are slaves to the tax man and western culture in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiehodgson)
    Oh yes.

ewww are you a senior?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.