Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone having a worse Valentines day than me? watch

Announcements

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me Thursday night and the next day I found out I failed an exam at uni. We live together in student accomodation but he is moving to a different flat because of the break up. He says he wants to stay friends but he blocked me on fb and is moving out leaving me practically living by myself because none of us get on with our other 2 flatmates. Tonight he went for drinks and to the cinema with a group of friends (who are all single girls) and I'm in my room alone venting on a student forum to random people. Couldn't even get a bottle of wine anywhere cos all the shops were closed and being sober makes this hurt even more

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in tears because I'm too dumb to figure out how to write an essay and it's due tomorrow morning, which is pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend of two years broke up with me Thursday night and the next day I found out I failed an exam at uni. We live together in student accomodation but he is moving to a different flat because of the break up. He says he wants to stay friends but he blocked me on fb and is moving out leaving me practically living by myself because none of us get on with our other 2 flatmates. Tonight he went for drinks and to the cinema with a group of friends (who are all single girls) and I'm in my room alone venting on a student forum to random people. Couldn't even get a bottle of wine anywhere cos all the shops were closed and being sober makes this hurt even more

:console::hugs:

I found out i have stage 4 leukaemia cancer

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through

I'm in the process of crying myself to sleep. Life is a ***** :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not worse, but bad nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    THIS is bad news. What you described won't kill you. It's a life experience, learn and move on.

ReputationRep:
    That's why being friends with your ex isn't ok. It's so crucial for you to cut them all the way off! If you didn't know he was out with girls you wouldn't be in as much pain. This pain you're feeling is just temporary, crying is the body healing itself so just let it out and go through the emotions.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ This!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see anyone and didn't talk with anymore today (not even by text). I just stayed in my room, thinking about some girl I know. It's not worse but it's pretty bad too.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    That's why being friends with your ex isn't ok. It's so crucial for you to cut them all the way off! If you didn't know he was out with girls you wouldn't be in as much pain. This pain you're feeling is just temporary, crying is the body healing itself so just let it out and go through the emotions.
    But I can't imagine going from seeing each other every single day to not talking/seeing each other at all. And I'm still secretly hoping there is a chance of us getting back together and I don't want to burn bridges

So sorry to hear that. This really put my own 'problems' into perspective Don't give up :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    But I can't imagine going from seeing each other every single day to not talking/seeing each other at all. And I'm still secretly hoping there is a chance of us getting back together and I don't want to burn bridges
    It just feels like that for now... I thought the same thing with everyone of my exes, you become best friends with these people and then their gone.

ReputationRep:
    Babe everyone feels like that after they go through a heartwrenching breakup. You're at the cookie dough stage (you don't know how to live in this stage and spend most of your time dreaming of Channing Tatum, crying and eating chocolate) but after a while you get used to them being gone.

I know you might not want to hear this but sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck. I've seen this happen so many times x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.