Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't get crushes any more Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a crush since I was 15. I'm 23 now.

Tbf I know nothing could happen anyway as I'm impotent on my medication and it has made me overweight, and I'm mentally ill, autistic and don't have a high status job.

Do you think I don't get crushes because I'm impotent? Is it my age? wot is it man?

ReputationRep:
    i still get crushes. you just have to find that girl who you think is really fit, but others dont really see what u see.

ReputationRep:
    You could be Aromantic now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Is that a real thing?

ReputationRep:
    wait... your sexuality/ romantic sexuality can CHANGE?!

da***...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Is that a real thing?
    Apparently so. Some people never experience crushes or romantic feelings at all. Aromantics also tend to be asexuals. Psychopaths are also aromantic and have very high sex drives but they have no empathy at all = no emotions, so yeah.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    it means you're saved from the emotional rollercoaster ride

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    wait... your sexuality/ romantic sexuality can CHANGE?!

da***...
    Yep, sexuality is fluid. If one does feel like they don't feel sexual attraction anymore or feel sexual attraction for the same gender suddenly, it is completely normal.

ReputationRep:
    Have not had one in about two years. Didn't even crush on my ex, just liked her casually and things got more serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Have not had one in about two years. Didn't even crush on my ex, just liked her casually and things got more serious.
    Do you miss crushes?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, sexuality is fluid. If one does feel like they don't feel sexual attraction anymore or feel sexual attraction for the same gender suddenly, it is completely normal.
    mein God...

so you AREN'T born gay... or straight... or anything
    but... everyone i've seen (mostly celebs) who is trans or gay or straight has stuck with that all their lives :/ it's normal?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah know what you mean.

Crushes for me have become far less common than when I was in my early teens.

Can barely remember my last.

ReputationRep:
    Do you miss crushes?
    It made things easier I guess? I don't have any intuitive feelings to go on, I just say 'sure I kind of like you why not go for it?' I find the early stage of a relationship really easy cus I don't crush and therefore have no emotional investment, but when things get serious it's just as rough as usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    mein God...

so you AREN'T born gay... or straight... or anything
    but... everyone i've seen (mostly celebs) who is trans or gay or straight has stuck with that all their lives :/ it's normal?
    That is also normal, if they've always felt like they're trans or gay, they probably have been. But due to the fluid nature of sexuality, you can suddenly feel differently about your sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    nohomo there is a link seen between Asexuality and Autism, have you read up on this?

ReputationRep:
    That is also normal, if they've always felt like they're trans or gay, they probably have been. But due to the fluid nature of sexuality, you can suddenly feel differently about your sexuality.
    what if you're trans and you get surgery and everything and then realise you're not trans anymore 0_0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    what if you're trans and you get surgery and everything and then realise you're not trans anymore 0_0
    Hahaha, gender identity and sexuality are two different things. I'm sure Caitlyn Jenner will stay a female until she dies

ReputationRep:
    Good for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Good for you...
    you're a ****

ReputationRep:
    you're a ****

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.