Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't get crushes any more Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Yep, sexuality is fluid. If one does feel like they don't feel sexual attraction anymore or feel sexual attraction for the same gender suddenly, it is completely normal.
    I seemingly float in and out of asexuality, demisexuality and heterosexuality while permanently remaining demiromantic. While I don't experience love as an emotion or develop crushes, I find my sexuality to change from nil to one where I only desire lustful actions with those closest to me and finally to the mindset of pure lust for most/all women. It's disgusting, especially how the idea of intimacy repulses me to the greatest extremes.

Romantically, I am demi (As previously stated). More specifically, hetero-demiromantic. I would gladly do anything romantically set, yet can't bring myself to more than that. Maybe I'm too awkward or socially withdrawn to, but all I know is my body stops me. 18 next week, never kissed anyone. Not even my mother...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    I seemingly float in and out of asexuality, demisexuality and heterosexuality while permanently remaining demiromantic. While I don't experience love as an emotion or develop crushes, I find my sexuality to change from nil to one where I only desire lustful actions with those closest to me and finally to the mindset of pure lust for most/all women. It's disgusting, especially how the idea of intimacy repulses me to the greatest extremes.

Romantically, I am demi (As previously stated). More specifically, hetero-demiromantic. I would gladly do anything romantically set, yet can't bring myself to more than that. Maybe I'm too awkward or socially withdrawn to, but all I know is my body stops me. 18 next week, never kissed anyone. Not even my mother...
    What are you waiting for? Get in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Dear god, I've only gone and put out something sounding like an Oediapus complex... :P You know what I mean though, right?

ReputationRep:
    Dear god, I've only gone and put out something sounding like an Oediapus complex... :P You know what I mean though, right?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a crush.

ReputationRep:

Lol to the bit in bold.

I used to think I was asexual hetero-romantic, but I was demisexual for someone for a while. I am back to asexual as I do not have a strong emotional bond with anyone at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    it means you're saved from the emotional rollercoaster ride
    That's too deep man

ReputationRep:
    Lol to the bit in bold.

I used to think I was asexual hetero-romantic, but I was demisexual for someone for a while. I am back to asexual as I do not have a strong emotional bond with anyone at the moment.
    Nothing funnuer than unintended Oediapus complexes.

The issue is to say... Could we both be A or Demi? After all, we seem to develop the strong bonds with other individuals we grow very close to. That is the defining trait between A and Demi. But then again, could it be that we are A and occasionally flitter between? Thus poising the question of orientation fluidity and such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    I'm crying at this post.

Someone break down these new sexuality terms please. I'm up to speed with asexuality. What is demi- romantic/sexuality?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing funnuer than unintended Oediapus complexes.

The issue is to say... Could we both be A or Demi? After all, we seem to develop the strong bonds with other individuals we grow very close to. That is the defining trait between A and Demi. But then again, could it be that we are A and occasionally flitter between? Thus poising the question of orientation fluidity and such.
    I believe we are A but flitter to the demi part when the emotional bonds are there. The outward label given is demi, but we feel asexual almost always otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    I'm crying at this post.

Someone break down these new sexuality terms please. I'm up to speed with asexuality. What is demi- romantic/sexuality?
    Demisexuality is when you feel sexual attraction only after a strong emotional bond is present.

ReputationRep:
    From what i can tell, women you've encountered so far just doesn't float your boat.

ReputationRep:
    I believe we are A but flitter to the demi part when the emotional bonds are there. The outward label given is demi, but we feel asexual almost always otherwise.
    I'd agree, to be honest. Siding with the majority. Besides, I have my reasons for being A, unlike most. Some may just feel that way, but I have solid reasons why I am A. Just because... :L I require reasoning for everything

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing don't complain. Crushes suck, it literally destroys lives.

ReputationRep:
    That's because you haven't me. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, gender identity and sexuality are two different things. I'm sure Caitlyn Jenner will stay a female until she dies
    oh right ok x'D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    oh right ok x'D
    Yeah because apparently she was starting to say she's attracted to men now, so her sexuality has changed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because apparently she was starting to say she's attracted to men now, so her sexuality has changed.
    maybe she's just bisexual o_o ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    maybe she's just bisexual o_o ?
    Who knows man, this gender identity+sexuality changes get slightly confusing after a while haha

ReputationRep:
    Who knows man, this gender identity+sexuality changes get slightly confusing after a while haha
    it does x'D
    oh well why do we have to label everything you do you maynnn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.