Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgh, Just been watching funeral video's and the thought of dying grosses me out Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a Christian and often the thought of dying excites me, to get off this depressing planet and go to Heaven to be with Jesus

I have been watching several video's tonight on YouTube, in particularly about young apprentice funeral directors

I have some question's,

What will happen when I die, what will they do with me until funeral ?
    Will they be messing with my body and looking at me ? ( I don't like people looking at or touching me )
    Do they put anything on you to stop decaying or anything ?

it really looks gross what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love life)
    I am a Christian and often the thought of dying excites me, to get off this depressing planet and go to Heaven to be with Jesus

I have been watching several video's tonight on YouTube, in particularly about young apprentice funeral directors

I have some question's,

Will they be messing with my body and looking at me ? ( I don't like people looking at or touching me )

1. Why are you watching funeral videos?
    2. Why do you find the planet depressing?
    3. What makes you think you're going to heaven?

some corpses are taken for an autopsy in which they are examined in the case of suspicious circumstances surrounding their death.
    These bodies will be cut open and organs might be taken out and such then you'll get patched up again.
    I don't actually know if everyone gets an examination so - most probably because we need to know how you died.

Either way you're going to be getting touched, as you'll be groomed for your funeral by which you'll have makeup applied to your face to match your previous skin tone. Also your eyes and lips are glued shut.

Pretty sure you'll be looked at - the priest might give you a cheeky kiss if you're lucky.

I don't know if they put anything on you to stop you decaying - why would you ask that anyway, you're dead - not like it's going to make the situation any better.

Slowly your body will decompose - it will swell up while letting off gases, eventually you'll turn black and before you know it you'll be looking like that guy from the nightmare before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    Does it excite you or gross you out? :lolwut:

And do you really love life m8?

looool yes, they're gonna touch u
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am completely against Necrophilia, js. :indiff:
    The thought of dying itself does not excite me but knowing I will be leaving this world behind and going to join Jesus in Heaven does excite me

In what way will they handle my body, and will they see all of me inc sexual parts or will they just put a cloth over me and leave me alone,

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJW182015)
    1. Why are you watching funeral videos?
    2. Why do you find the planet depressing?
    3. What makes you think you're going to heaven?

some corpses are taken for an autopsy in which they are examined in the case of suspicious circumstances surrounding their death.
    These bodies will be cut open and organs might be taken out and such then you'll get patched up again.
    I don't actually know if everyone gets an examination so - most probably because we need to know how you died.

Either way you're going to be getting touched, as you'll be groomed for your funeral by which you'll have makeup applied to your face to match your previous skin tone. Also your eyes and lips are glued shut.

Pretty sure you'll be looked at - the priest might give you a cheeky kiss if you're lucky.

I don't know if they put anything on you to stop you decaying - why would you ask that anyway, you're dead - not like it's going to make the situation any better.

Slowly your body will decompose - it will swell up while letting off gases, eventually you'll turn black and before you know it you'll be looking like that guy from the nightmare before Christmas.
    Watching funeral video's because somebody we know who was only I believe 47 years old died recently and will be her funeral next week, I don't know much about funerals so decided to look it up on YouTube as to get an idea of what to expect.

I don't find everything about the planet depressing, but parts of it are depressing, in Heaven everything will be perfect, no more sadness, no more pain.

I know I am going to Heaven because I am a follower of Jesus and accept him as my Lord and Savior, I try to repent daily of my sins and I strive to not be led astray from God's path.
    Jesus therefore promises that he who belieth shall be saved, which I do, and I repent of sins too

I know bodies decompose but I am undecided yet if I want to be cremated or buried, if cremated , my body will probably be not to decomposed until I get cremated.

I heard somebody saying they glue people's eyes and mouth's shut, please don't tell me this is true and if so why do they do it ?

I suppose make-up is acceptable if the person says so before they are dead

I understand they may have to touch me to move me e.t..c but any reason other than that should not count, also they should not have or be looking at a
    dead person or looking at them examining them for no reason.

ReputationRep:

I have some question's,

watching funeral videos ?
    why on Earth you did that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    watching funeral videos ?
    why on Earth you did that?
    I gave a detailed answer answer above, read it to seek your answer

ReputationRep:
    Watching funeral video's because somebody we know who was only I believe 47 years old died recently and will be her funeral next week, I don't know much about funerals so decided to look it up on YouTube as to get an idea of what to expect.

I don't find everything about the planet depressing, but parts of it are depressing, in Heaven everything will be perfect, no more sadness, no more pain.

I know I am going to Heaven because I am a follower of Jesus and accept him as my Lord and Savior, I try to repent daily of my sins and I strive to not be led astray from God's path.
    Jesus therefore promises that he who belieth shall be saved, which I do, and I repent of sins too

I know bodies decompose but I am undecided yet if I want to be cremated or buried, if cremated , my body will probably be not to decomposed until I get cremated.

I heard somebody saying they glue people's eyes and mouth's shut, please don't tell me this is true and if so why do they do it ?

I suppose make-up is acceptable if the person says so before they are dead

I understand they may have to touch me to move me e.t..c but any reason other than that should not count, also they should not have or be looking at a
    dead person or looking at them examining them for no reason.
    I wouldn't really go on YouTube to see how a funeral goes - I doubt anyone would film one.

I'm not saying heaven isn't real or anything but you shouldn't really be boasting about it yknow - Jesus finds that stuff uncool and if he finds out - well all hell will break loose.

Can I ask how old you are? Why are you so strict with God - follow him and be a believer but I don't think that he wants you to sacrifice all happiness in life he did that and look where it got him. You need to chill out on the religion - you never know God could be just as chill as everyone else now - pretty sure he's probably on Twitter rn while getting annoyed at level 362 on candy crush.

You shouldn't really be thinking about those options right now - just forget that leave it to your children.

Honestly don't know why they glue them shut just be grateful they don't do it to your anus because they could accidentally hit your G-spot - in which you'll probs come back to life.

Honestly there is nothing you can do - I heard stories of doctors playing around with the dead bodies - if you're an attractive person then sugar your crumpet you'll be soar when you get leavered down into the ground
    Sorry, this post just gives me so much satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJW182015)
    I wouldn't really go on YouTube to see how a funeral goes - I doubt anyone would film one.

I'm not saying heaven isn't real or anything but you shouldn't really be boasting about it yknow - Jesus finds that stuff uncool and if he finds out - well all hell will break loose.

Can I ask how old you are? Why are you so strict with God - follow him and be a believer but I don't think that he wants you to sacrifice all happiness in life he did that and look where it got him. You need to chill out on the religion - you never know God could be just as chill as everyone else now - pretty sure he's probably on Twitter rn while getting annoyed at level 362 on candy crush.

You shouldn't really be thinking about those options right now - just forget that leave it to your children.

Honestly don't know why they glue them shut just be grateful they don't do it to your anus because they could accidentally hit your G-spot - in which you'll probs come back to life.

Honestly there is nothing you can do - I heard stories of doctors playing around with the dead bodies - if you're an attractive person then sugar your crumpet you'll be soar when you get leavered down into the ground
    Sorry, this post just gives me so much satisfaction.
    Well, to begin with I did try looking for an actual funeral service, some scary stuff came up about some people have woken up in their casket after not being dead after all but falsely pronounced dead !
    the videos I have been watching are more about what happens in a funeral directors, and explains/shows parts of a funeral.

I'm not boasting about going to Heaven, however , even if I was then that should not be a problem, it is a good thing. Any why would hell break out if Jesus found out ?
    A. he knows what I am doing anyway and looking at what I am watching 24/7 so he already knows and he would not be upset about that at all.

I am 24, will be 25 in October. I am not being strict with God, I just understand that despite being young, I am not guaranteed long life, life is so fragile as I have just been reminded as somebody we know died sudden and enexpected at around just 47 years old.
    Heaven and hell are both real, I still enjoy life here on earth but can do so without putting my Salvation in danger by otrying my best to avoid evil temptation and by staying on the side of Jesus.

I don't have children at the moment, I don't even have a girlfriend yet either and not sure I ever want either

what do you mean by this post gives you so much satisfaction ?

ReputationRep:
    "just been watching funeral videos."

Typical Sunday night.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

I have some question's,

If you died in a hospital/care home then your body would be washed after you die (last offices would be carried out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_offices) and then it depends on if you needed of post morteum or not, then you'd go to a morgue and be picked up by funeral directors. They would do at least as they could with you, if you were going to be buried rather than cremated then you could be dressed in a suit but they dont do anything to stop you decaying per say, if that bothers you why not be cremated? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you died in a hospital/care home then your body would be washed after you die (last offices would be carried out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_offices) and then it depends on if you needed of post morteum or not, then you'd go to a morgue and be picked up by funeral directors. They would do at least as they could with you, if you were going to be buried rather than cremated then you could be dressed in a suit but they dont do anything to stop you decaying per say, if that bothers you why not be cremated? .
    I think I would rather be cremated thank you

ReputationRep:
    Well, to begin with I did try looking for an actual funeral service, some scary stuff came up about some people have woken up in their casket after not being dead after all but falsely pronounced dead !
    the videos I have been watching are more about what happens in a funeral directors, and explains/shows parts of a funeral.

I'm not boasting about going to Heaven, however , even if I was then that should not be a problem, it is a good thing. Any why would hell break out if Jesus found out ?
    A. he knows what I am doing anyway and looking at what I am watching 24/7 so he already knows and he would not be upset about that at all.

I am 24, will be 25 in October. I am not being strict with God, I just understand that despite being young, I am not guaranteed long life, life is so fragile as I have just been reminded as somebody we know died sudden and enexpected at around just 47 years old.
    Heaven and hell are both real, I still enjoy life here on earth but can do so without putting my Salvation in danger by otrying my best to avoid evil temptation and by staying on the side of Jesus.

I don't have children at the moment, I don't even have a girlfriend yet either and not sure I ever want either

what do you mean by this post gives you so much satisfaction ?
    No one is going to pop out, they are more advanced to accidentily pronounce someone dead anymore - so don't panic

I still don't understand why you would watch videos - all you do is sit there (without being disrespectful)

It's just last time I spoke to him he was complaining about the accommodation and stuff, he didn't think that it would get like this - so he was just getting flashbacks to the times that hotel was full and he had to sleep in the barn.

I understand but you can't think that your life will end tomorrow and it's tragic that, that woman has died but I still think you should try and liberate yourself a bit more.

Why don't you want a girlfriend? Like I don't understand you. I mean "I love life" now you hate it plus you don't want a girlfriend - do you not think that you should speak to someone professionally, you did say you hate the planet - btw, didn't God make the planet - if he did then I'm pretty sure you'll hate heaven.

It just does

(Original post by Mystery.)
    "just been watching funeral videos."

Typical Sunday night.
    I mean ^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.