The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, i have applied there too....but i havent seen it in the flesh...so i hope i like it, my friend suggested it so thought it was my best bet!!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I've applied there aswell :smile: Hope i get in now and get this accomodation looks like a nice place. Went up on the open day and it looked one of the best in the nicest looking area :biggrin: Hope to see you all soon! :biggrin:
Reply 3
ive applied there too. It seems like a nice place, although i havent been there before!
Reply 4
yay! :biggrin: hope we all get in!!

i had a look round on the open day and it was defo my fave from all the ones i saw! x
Reply 5
i really wanna go to james baillie.. looks really nice and heard lots of good things about it.. wasnt one of the ones i looked at though when i went up to leeds! wonder what the chances are of gettin yout first option for accomodation!:confused: x
Reply 6
im thinking of applying here too!
just wondered what the 'common rooms' are like?
is there one big one for all of JBP or are there little ones per 6 people?
xsarahbx
wonder what the chances are of gettin yout first option for accomodation

Around 75% of people get their preferred residence. However, that depends on what you put as your preference. If you put a big residence that isn't particularly oversubscribed (e.g. Bodington, Lupton, Oxley, Clarence Dock) then your chances will be far higher than that. If you put somewhere small and/or oversubscribed (e.g. Ellerslie, Devonshire), your chances will be much less.

It's difficult for us to be certain, from year to year, which will be the most oversubscribed residences - I reckon that this year, Henry Price will also be very oversubscribed (as lots of people have seen it if they've attended departmental Open Days) and, by the sound of it, JBP may be more oversubscribed than Leodis. (unless it's just you lot :wink: )

But try not to worry too much - our annual survey shows that most people are happy with where they end up. And for those who aren't, it's relatively easy to change around after the start of term as vacancies come available (although we obviously can't guarantee that the particular place you want will be available - especially if you're looking for something like an en suite room at Ellerslie; there are only 39 out of our total of 7800 accommodation places :eek: )

Hope this helps :smile:
oranges123

just wondered what the 'common rooms' are like?
is there one big one for all of JBP or are there little ones per 6 people?

Just the one common room (with adjoining conservatory....) but the living area within each flat is really nice too.
Reply 9
James Baillie is lovely! I live here now and i love it :biggrin:
Reply 10
I applied to JBP :], self catered, standard room?
Haven't seen it though, eek!
Reply 11
I applied straight after the open day.. I loved JBP compared to everything else. Really hope i get in there.. :smile:
i have applied to live in Jb, walked to it from the uni the other day, its not too far, and my friends who are at Leeds atm reckon its a cool place to live...

Very leafy in the hill leading upto it!
x
Reply 13
Katherine123
i have applied to live in Jb, walked to it from the uni the other day, its not too far, and my friends who are at Leeds atm reckon its a cool place to live...

Very leafy in the hill leading upto it!
x

HILL!!! :eek: :eek:
Reply 14
zain88
HILL!!! :eek: :eek:

haha you dont think it is a hill when you drive up it...after a year of walking up it, it becomes the bain of your life! Hence the reason "North Hill Road" haha

sorry its not that bad. but yeah there is a gentle incline!
Seems to be alot of females applying here.....is this the case? Not that im bothered either way lol could be an advantage lol soz anyway whats the male:female ratio like here?
What are the contracts like in terms of dates your allowed to stay in accomodation until for example before christmas etc. Do you have to be out at a certain date? Thanks
Reply 17
I've just applied to James Baile now! Haven't visited ANY but JBP seems to be popular and rated quite nicely among everyone on here. I was initially interested about Dev but apparently it's full of rahs. Don't mean to sound narrow minded about it but I'd prefer people on the same wave length as me. Really pleased I've chosen now, being so indecisive. However I will now go onto worrying about the room sizes! Excited now I've chosen my accomm though! Why did other people chose JBP??
Reply 18
hey to the person who asked above
when i lived at jbp this year ( the year just gone) it was 70 :30 females :males! but i think it just depends on the year!
Hey everyone,

just saw my application to james baillie has been successful! Apparently i'm gonna be in Block A in room 022F...anyone else gonna be there for sure yet? And can anyone who's lived in JBP let me know what block A is gonna be like?

Latest